Rear seat delete

dsg03bullitt

Established Member
I built a rear seat delete the other day. The carpet matches semi ok...and it weighs under 6 pounds:rockon: I made it in all of 20 minutes...I took the jack and spare out also...I know its not the best but i just wanted to drop some weight real fast. I didnt drill anything so its not messing the car up and i can put the seats back in a couple of minutes anyhow. I still need to take the seatbelts out though! lol

P1010305.jpg

P1010302.jpg

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I built a rear seat delete the other day. The carpet matches semi ok...and it weighs under 6 pounds:rockon: I made it in all of 20 minutes...I took the jack and spare out also...I know its not the best but i just wanted to drop some weight real fast. I didnt drill anything so its not messing the car up and i can put the seats back in a couple of minutes anyhow. I still need to take the seatbelts out though!
Twenty minutes???? That's an all time record! And what did you make the base out of ? Cardboard? The lightest I've ever been able to get one is 7.8 lbs and that was using 1/4" luan plywood. Looks nice!

dsg03bullitt

Established Member
no its not cardboard but i think it is that 1/4" plywood....? I went to home depot and told them to give me the thinnest stuff they got...but not cardboard lol. I got a 4x4 peice and cut its proportions and weighed it on my bathroom scale...it was right around 6.

Ps. the 20 minute record was before carpeting lol

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
The lightest I've ever been able to get one is 7.8 lbs and that was using 1/4" luan plywood.

this is what i'm using. and the carpet looks pretty similar to what's in the pic. not sure my weight but it's light. i think allen (almo) had one that might have been lighter than mine but i didn't like the look of his as much. josh (blwn2v) from excessive had one that was in like 3 pieces.

regardless to the op you did a kick ass job.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Looks good, how much weight do you think you saved?
The rear seat apparatus weighs 42.2 lbs, so he's saving about 36 lbs. Mine is made of 1/4" plywood and weighs 7.8 lbs. But, it has to have some rigidity since I put a bunch of stuff on there when I go to the track. When I'm running, I take the RSD out anyway to get the full 42.4 lb savings. Carpet is actually pretty darn heavy and I ended up using gray felt that's nearly identical in color to the OEM carpets. I've made 16 of them now and they've all held up very well from what I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread