Rear passenger side creak/squeak fixed

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
My Maisto model has the same creak!

LOL, I just pressed down on the passenger side quarter panel of my 1/18th scale Maisto convertible, and it has the same creak as my real car. But the creak in the model is in the suspension. Guess I will just allow the model to keep creaking.
I am going to try to fix the creak on my car this weekend, thanks for this thread!! I suspect my pop weld broke due to my jacking up the car one or two many times before I had the sub frames installed. By the way, the subframes have not stopped the creak.
What happened to the pictures, they were here this morning and now are gone. Glad I saw this before the pics disappeared...

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Dave99GT said:
LOL, I just pressed down on the passenger side quarter panel of my 1/18th scale Maisto convertible, and it has the same creak as my real car. But the creak in the model is in the suspension. Guess I will just allow the model to keep creaking.
I am going to try to fix the creak on my car this weekend, thanks for this thread!! I suspect my pop weld broke due to my jacking up the car one or two many times before I had the sub frames installed. By the way, the subframes have not stopped the creak.
What happened to the pictures, they were here this morning and now are gone. Glad I saw this before the pics disappeared...

I have Maximum Motorsport SFCs and they didn't eliminate my creak, either.

Creak is definitely gone. My car has not creaked once since we did the fix. :rockon:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Taking the machine to the dealer for this fix tommorow, will they weld it or just bend the damn metal?

Users who are viewing this thread