Rear O2 sensor question...

10sec89

Established Member
I am running a off road H pipe with the rear sensors turned off in the tune. Can I unplug and remove the sensor all together will no issues?
Reason is I am wanting to run a resonator in the mid pipe to knock down the noise a little bit and they will be installed in the location of sensors currently. I can reposition sensors if need be but would prefer to just remove them.

10sec89

Established Member
Finally got around to installing these. It did knock some noise down and actually mellowed the tone nicely.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Yea, you can just unplug them with no problems whatsoever. When I got an AEM Wideband failsafe gauge, I just installed the wideband sensor in one of the holes where the rear sensors went (After the X). That way, I could get a reading on both banks.

As for other equipment being turned off in the tune, you can unplug that also... This includes things like the EGR equipment on the intake manifold, etc....

Jefe

Established Member
Only problem you may have is emissions monitors

Jefe

Established Member
We didnt have them for the longest time and now they check them all

10sec89

Established Member
Installed the pair of small mufflers in mid pipe. Mellowed the tone and helped out a good bit. Excuse the welds , I am way out of practice......they don't leak though!
1530522_10153714501715177_1539261548_n.jpg

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Nice! How do they sound? I was thinking of welding in a pair of new mufflers as well, but instead of getting cherry bombs, I want to go with something much quieter. My O/R X pipe made an otherwise mellow cat back system sound way too loud.

Users who are viewing this thread