rear leaking oil...

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
I'll assume it's not the axles, otherwise you'd have said it was all over the inside of your wheels....

First, make sure it's not just spilled gear oil from when it was filled back up and that the fill plug was actually replaced. It's probably comming from the pinion or the cover, sometimes the vent, but it would have to be pretty overfilled. Get under the car and look, it shouldn't be hard to spot.

EDIT....Nevermind. Didn't occur to me you probably have IRS still. :bash: Get under the car and look anyway.

Last edited:

scotts99snake

Established Member
It could be an axle seal, unless you have done the SRA swap. Wipe the pumpkin down and check for a leak tomorrow. You should be able to see it.

grant007

Established Member
ok, got under the car. gonna need to get the complete IRS bushing kit also. but it does look like the pinion seal. where it shoud be leaking from the side i dont see any oil, but on the front you can see oil every where it looks like it was being flung back when i was driving. so how much do you guys think that will cost?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ok, got under the car. gonna need to get the complete IRS bushing kit also. but it does look like the pinion seal. where it shoud be leaking from the side i dont see any oil, but on the front you can see oil every where it looks like it was being flung back when i was driving. so how much do you guys think that will cost?

They will be putting a new pinion seal in your diff when you have the 4:10's installed!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

zeus201

Established Member

My pinion seal failed and took it to my local guy and it costed I believe 75 or 90 bones, but it might be something different for you.

Users who are viewing this thread