Rear end going out???

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
What's it feel like when the rear end starts to give? I've always thought my clutch was slipping, but I'm starting to think after the 3rd clutch and adjusters and what not by professionals that it's actually my rear end... If it is I'm gonna be happy and sra the car :D anyone have input to the issue? Almost feels like the trac control is on "sometimes" when it is most definitely off. Another thing to think about, we spotted a very small barely dripping leak from the differential. No idea how longs it's been there. Would this be my problem I have been trying to fix now for the past 1.5yrs? No one can figure this out, but we've never focused on the rear end before.

Thoughts??? Please!! :)

TRBO VNM

Diff leak is common. Have you ever checked the level? If it is too low, then it can cause wear on the parts obviously. So you need to check that. Not sure about the "feels like trac control is on sometimes". Never felt that before to be something in the rear. If the clutch packs are wearing out in the diff, then you can get the typical one wheel burnout.

I don't really understand the traction control comment. That almost feels like the ABS kicking in.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I think it's not gonna be the rear end after a lot of research. I believe my tune is the issue. I think the drop off is from the fuel pressure cutting out. Maybe why it always around 7lbs. Most the time it feels like clutch slip. But with a brand new RXT? Ya, not likely. Did this with the last 2 clutches too

Users who are viewing this thread