Rear End Alignment Question

zeus201

Established Member
I had the vert aligned last year because the rear end alignment seemed to be "scrubbing" the tires which lead to excessive wear. Fastforward to now and it seems that there I'm having the same symptoms as I had prior to getting the rear aligned...black tire dust on the rear quarters.

My questions is, would it be possible that the aligment is off again following winter hibernation? :shrug: I haven't messed with the IRS or the suspension and my tire pressure set is at ~32 psi or so...maybe that would be the problem. Any insite would be great as I really do not feel like having to buy another set of 295 rears this summer.

- Ryan :beer:

K2AHollywood

Established Member
wait your basing your alignment concerns based off tire dust on the quarter panels? This is not really a good indication on these cars for misalignment. Try looking at tire wear differences or just throw it on a rack and find out super quick. Sitting over winter should not have affect your alignment

zeus201

Established Member
^ yeah...not the best way to judge the issue, but prior to alignment i experienced the same sort of issue and burned through a set of nitto 555 within no time.

Last edited:

cmefly

Established Member
Sitting over winter will not effect your alignment. I have never seen a car get rubber on the quarters from the alignment.only from burnouts. How do the tires look for wear? both tires wearing on the inside or outsides usually indicates a toe problem and if you have one tire wearing on the edges more then the other it is usually a camber problem.

Users who are viewing this thread