Rear Coil Over ???

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
I am looking at doing a rear coil over set to keep from cutting my tires because i am to low with my H&R SS. I am fine going down the road and with one person in the car but with a passenger and drive ways i rub or cut the tire when it's tucked in to the wheel well. My inner fenders are rolled but 315 bfg dr's are big tires, so it rubs or cuts. and i got less then 100 miles on my new set of 315's. Now its not as bad as it was with my 295's on but the fenders are rolled now and the tire is 1/2" smaller in high so it helps but still not enough. :nonono:And 275's look to small now that i ran 315. so it time to pick it up a bit. looks are great but so is hooking so thats why i think coil overs are the way to go.

I think with a coil over set up i can rise the rear till it will work and no longer rub or cut. So i see there are many choices and was wondering what you are using and how you like them. :beer:

amorrow

Established Member
For a reasonably-priced coil-over kit, you can't go wrong with Maximum Motorsports. I've mentioned my positive experience with mine, and have recommended them in past threads. Just give them a call to choose a spring rate to match what you have on the front, and you'll be good to go with your 10" Saleen rear wheels...you'll be able to set the ride height wherever you want. I also run 295mm (but with a 30 aspect ratio) tires on 10" rear wheels.

Last edited:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
how much of a gap do you have in between your tires and fender? also how far do your 315 stick out? i have eibach sportlines in the rear and have about 2 inch gap between tire and fender and the tires are flush with fender i have not rubed yet do you have a pic of your tire set up here is mine

DSCN1305.gif

SpittingCobra

Established Member
hmmm...

I really can't imagine how it's still cutting?? I rolled every part on mine that could possibly cut the tire. I'm running 335's with no cutting, a bit of rub on the pass side, but that's because I have all the stock suspension still (save for springs). I'm thinking the offset on those wheels may be the problem. I know people say that spacers are bad, but I'm probably going to get just a 1/2" for mine. I have the 18x10.5 saleens and there is like an inch or so that they could go outward.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
how much of a gap do you have in between your tires and fender? also how far do your 315 stick out? i have eibach sportlines in the rear and have about 2 inch gap between tire and fender and the tires are flush with fender i have not rubed yet do you have a pic of your tire set up here is mine

got an 1 3/8" of gap from tire to fender and the tires sit flush with the out side of the fender. i just think i am to low for the tires. i might have a set of 315's for you real soon :beer:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member

got an 1 3/8" of gap from tire to fender and the tires sit flush with the out side of the fender. i just think i am to low for the tires. i might have a set of 315's for you real soon :beer:

too bad man i love the way those 315s look on your car but mabey you should see how you can raise the back up a little try to get it to 2 inch like mine. I dont think you will rub at 2 inch gap:shrug:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
MM told me not to mix ups conventional springs and coilovers front/back as it will upset the balance of the car. MM does sell adjustable rear LCA's for about $379. I am getting ready to order some to replace my Steeda LCAs.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
MM told me not to mix ups conventional springs and coilovers front/back as it will upset the balance of the car. MM does sell adjustable rear LCA's for about $379. I am getting ready to order some to replace my Steeda LCAs.

+1 on the adjustable ca i have the upper and lowers

Kyle@ActionPowder

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
Scotty,
Come get the fender roller later this week, I will grab it from the house. Also, you should know that it is Maximum FTMFW!!!!!! I have told you this since day one! I run only Maximum!

Users who are viewing this thread