Rear camber for best tire wear

rattle_snake

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
I believe the spec for rear camber is about 1 degree, so after bushing/spring install I set camber to 1 degree. 2 sets of tires later, the inside tread wears down more and will get to wear bars when outside is still ~20%. So I am contemplating running camber at 0 to 0.5 degrees to get a little more life out of $$ rubber. SRA inherently run 0 camber, so why not on the IRS? I understand that the IRS's camber varies with travel, and the effective camber decreases when the car leans into a corner, but the tires tell the average and it seems a bit much. Most miles are straight line stoplight to stoplight (drag radials) and some strip use (slicks).

Bigggy

Established Member
I think that the OEM spec is 0, but when I did mine, the guy at the shop said going with -1 deg on all corners would be a good compromise. His family was always involved in racing and he is himself a semi-pro drifter. So i took his advice and set the car to -1 (even if my car only see the streets). Did about 3kmile this summer, no signs of wear in the inside of the tire yet (BFG KDW2).

03' White Snake

Established Member
I run no more than .5 negative camber and 1/32, no more than 1/16 toe in.

My road racer buddy told me those specs years ago and I always ask for them when getting an alignment. I have really good tire wear and good handling. No signs of any uneven tire wear on any of my tires. Had around 15k miles on my old set of KDW2's and 3k miles on my new Rivals.

Users who are viewing this thread