Rear Brembo Setup?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I could be wrong, but I believe Baer has a rear four-piston caliper in development. Their four- and six-piston front calipers are very nice and a little easier on the wallet than Brembo.

Baer's site is under construction, but hopefully the details will be up soon...

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ No I know that.. I'm just saying for a street car that is badass lol. And if I wasn't a nut for weight I would probably do it just for shear badassness of it lol.

HI-OCTANE

Established Member
I currently have a GT with the Cobra R brakes in front and 18in wheels. The stock rear brakes look very small and awkward compared to the front brakes and the wheels. I eventually want to get the F14 brake kit and my plans were to find a way to move the Cobra R's to the rear. Since it wouldn't add much performance wise to modify the rear to use 13in Brembo's, would be a big hassle, and costly which one of these kits would be best if I wanted to have larger rear brakes?

99-04 Cobra Rear Brake kit and Calipers: Ford Racing 96-04 Cobra Rear Brake Rotor & Mounting Bracket Kit [M-2300-M] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Baer Rear Brake Kit: Baer 96-04 Mustang GT 13 Rear Track Brake Kit [4262044] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Alcon/Roush: 1996-2004 Roush/Alcon Mustang Complete Rear Brake Kit

Alternate Baer Kit: 1999-04 Baer Rear 13 inch Brake Upgrade Kit

Also has anyone had any experience with the kits that allow you to use the factory calipers? Would those possibly cause any problems?

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I currently have a GT with the Cobra R brakes in front and 18in wheels. The stock rear brakes look very small and awkward compared to the front brakes and the wheels. I eventually want to get the F14 brake kit and my plans were to find a way to move the Cobra R's to the rear. Since it wouldn't add much performance wise to modify the rear to use 13in Brembo's, would be a big hassle, and costly which one of these kits would be best if I wanted to have larger rear brakes?

99-04 Cobra Rear Brake kit and Calipers: Ford Racing 96-04 Cobra Rear Brake Rotor & Mounting Bracket Kit [M-2300-M] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Baer Rear Brake Kit: Baer 96-04 Mustang GT 13 Rear Track Brake Kit [4262044] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Alcon/Roush: 1996-2004 Roush/Alcon Mustang Complete Rear Brake Kit

Alternate Baer Kit: 1999-04 Baer Rear 13 inch Brake Upgrade Kit

Also has anyone had any experience with the kits that allow you to use the factory calipers? Would those possibly cause any problems?

Your first link is a kit to put Cobra rear brakes on a Mustang V-6 or GT.

Your second and third links are fine to increase your braking performance but the additional rotating mass will actually decrease acceleration performance.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
One thing to remember about adding a fixed caliper to the rear of your car......If your car is street legal, and needs to pass a yearly inspection, then you need to retain some form of parking brake. A lot of these kits do not come with a them, because unregistered uninsured track/race cars have no need for it.
What you said.
It would take major $$ to make 4 pots to work.
All Mustangs of that vintage have a rear rotor no larger like a GT 11.5"
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread