Rear Axle Suspension Question

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Alignment shows my rear axle has -0.2 degree camber on the driver side and +0.2 degree camber on the passenger side. I think this basically says the entire axle is tilted slightly toward the passenger side (driver side higher and passenger side lower).

Anyone have any ideas why?

The car is lowered with Steeda Sport Springs, Whiteline Upper, Lowers, Relocation brackets, Panard Bar.

Yesterday I dropped the axle. As I lowered it I noticed the axle remained tilted slightly. I disconnected the shocks and sway bar and it remained slighted tilted, even with the springs out of the picture. So I disconnected the panard bar and bingo, the axle leveled out and shifted slightly to the driver side.

So I think it's the panard bar pulling at an angle toward the passenger side. Is this normal?

The only other thing is the lower control arms? I don't know why it shifted slightly to the driver side after disconnecting the panard bar.

jjandascog1

Established Member
That is probably due to tread and/or tire pressure differences between the left and right rear tires.
The Panhard bar will not affect the camber of the rear tires, actually nothing on the suspension will really affect camber since we have a solid axle.

Last edited:

Onelfastlride

Established Member
You might need to adjust them slightly one side might be a little longer than the other shoving the axle over

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Yeah, I’ll triple check them and see.

Perhaps with the Panard Bar off. They maybe off less then an 1/8” from my last checks with the car up on ramps in the rear and the front raised up level.

MAZZ MAN

Established Member
Measure the rear of the front wheel lip and the front of the rear wheel lip when the steering wheel is pointed strate and see what you get, the car will change alignment when you are in it also, I'm 265lbs so it changes alot

Onelfastlride

Established Member
I had that happen on a sn95 car I had once

Yeah it’s minor but bothers me. I need to check but I wonder if the passenger side lca is a touch longer. This is based on the fact the axle shifted slightly to the driver side when the Panard Bar was disconnected. Like it was pulled to the driver side by a shorted lca.

MAZZ MAN

Established Member
There you go , I think you might be on to something. If the alignment shop is cool have them align it with you in the car. Btw doughnuts make all repair shops very cool. I know this because I have worked at one for 20 years

Onelfastlride

Established Member
I’ll check the lower lcas but I’m not sure that’s it. Because I believe the alignment shop thrust angle measurements were good, ie 0. The angle of the rear axle compared to the front.

Users who are viewing this thread