Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I agree, you have a great deal of talent. However, you did ask for a critique, so if I may, please allow me to point out the one flaw that catches my eye.

The cars as a whole appear to jump off the page. They have amazing depth, and your skills in shadowing and highlighting are stunning. The one thing I would do differently is to pay attention to the details of the rear wheel and tire in your 3/4 angle sketches. While beautiful and lifelike, the rear tires appear off center, and the shading and highlights coupled with an off axis oval make the wheel appear to have an unintentional camber.

Please do not take my critique negatively. I am simply giving you my view on how to make a great piece of art even better. I am l possibly the only overly observant, OCD person here. Hopefully my observation is taken as an opinion and suggestion, not as an insult.

I work with various art forms (mainly music these days) every day. When my dad had his shop open, I pinstriped, airbrushed, and sprayed a lot of graphics. I did more car renderings than I care to remember. I always hated 3/4 angle wheels and tires.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Snake_

Established Member
I agree, you have a great deal of talent. However, you did ask for a critique, so if I may, please allow me to point out the one flaw that catches my eye.

The cars as a whole appear to jump off the page. They have amazing depth, and your skills in shadowing and highlighting are stunning. The one thing I would do differently is to pay attention to the details of the rear wheel and tire in your 3/4 angle sketches. While beautiful and lifelike, the rear tires appear off center, and the shading and highlights coupled with an off axis oval make the wheel appear to have an unintentional camber.

Please do not take my critique negatively. I am simply giving you my view on how to make a great piece of art even better. I am l possibly the only overly observant, OCD person here. Hopefully my observation is taken as an opinion and suggestion, not as an insult.

I work with various art forms (mainly music these days) every day. When my dad had his shop open, I pinstriped, airbrushed, and sprayed a lot of graphics. I did more car renderings than I care to remember. I always hated 3/4 angle wheels and tires.

Waiting for YOUR 3/4 angle sketches.....

(I see what you’re talking about)

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Waiting for YOUR 3/4 angle sketches.....

(I see what you’re talking about)
I rarely put pen to paper anymore. I definitely don't do so to try and show someone up after I have critiqued their work. That would be rude and selfish.

I may try to find some of my old sketches one day. Today the OP deserves the attention.

mipodesign

Established Member

Thanks a lot for nice point. I dont take it negatively, i like when peple give me some critique so I can get better. In this case the off appearance of rear wheel is caused by my camera perspective. in real it looks as it should and wheel is at its right spot. More people with artistic eyes said that to me already. So thank you again, mayby I should be starting taking photos from other angle haha :)

By the way this is my latest Mustang drawing I did this as Christmas gift for its owner. Hope your going to like it.
ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_by_mipo_design-dcvpzdq.jpg

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
In this case the off appearance of rear wheel is caused by my camera perspective. in real it looks as it should and wheel is at its right spot.

Camera lenses, especially wide angle lenses, or zoom lenses set to wide will introduce distortion - especially at the edges of a picture where a rear wheel will be.

Some camera manufacturers will provide special lens profiles for higher end cameras to correct it in camera. Some software such as Adobe Lightroom also provides such corrections as well as manual corrections.

Take a pic of a brick wall at the same angle and the distortion will be noticable.

Of course, if you are working off of pics supplied by your customers it may be hard to make such corrections unless they give you the original (preferably in a RAW format.

Users who are viewing this thread