Ready to sell: What's my Cobra worth?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I have a very similar 01 Cobra vert. Has vortech blower and also spent about 8000 on forging the rotating assembly and car only has 50k miles. Overall I'd say our cars are comparable except you have turbo. I have bout 450rwhp.

Anyways, tried selling my car but highest offer I got was 12500 between CL and EBay...it was sort of heartbreaking.

2001cobravert

Established Member
I have a very similar 01 Cobra vert. Has vortech blower and also spent about 8000 on forging the rotating assembly and car only has 50k miles. Overall I'd say our cars are comparable except you have turbo. I have bout 450rwhp.

Anyways, tried selling my car but highest offer I got was 12500 between CL and EBay...it was sort of heartbreaking.

$12.5k...that's it?:dw: I don't blame you for keeping it.

2 cam sam

Established Member
These cars are starting to bottom in pricing. You should have took the 12,500 I bought a 97 triple black Cobra 44,000 miles built motor ,fuel system, 6 speed and novi 2000 for 12,800. Plus the longer you keep that car the cheaper it will be worth.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
The value on these cars sucks. Put it back to stock and sell it that way. Even then I don't see you getting much more than 8000. They just don't hold their value. I have tried to sell my car a couple times and got nothing but lowball offers and decided to keep it. You could just forge your motor and turn up the boost.

I bet you could still get 2500 or more for a complete ready to bolt on turbo kit that is used.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
These cars are starting to bottom in pricing. You should have took the 12,500 I bought a 97 triple black Cobra 44,000 miles built motor ,fuel system, 6 speed and novi 2000 for 12,800. Plus the longer you keep that car the cheaper it will be worth.

Eh...as heartbreaking as it was to just barely have put $8000 into an engine and getting offered $12500 for the whole car I'm glad it didn't go through.

I was only interested in selling because we were having a baby and I was tinkering with idea of buying a roush once med bills were paid. I'm way past the point of being too invested in the blue book value, so I'll probably just put a new coat of paint on it and see just how much we can throw at the built motor.

Its just hobby money anyways...

Posted via Topify using Android

kenv

Established Member
^^^Me too man. Very disappointing.

If all I can get is 10k-11k, I will probably put it back to stock (or close to it) and sell the aftermarket stuff.

That's probably the best thing to do IMHOP. Stock it should get $10-12k + what you can make on the aftermarket stuff. Just for reference, I paid $9500 for my `99 Vert with 80,500mi on it in January of this year. Good luck with the sale.:beer:

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
before I ripped the parts off,(and have to re-tune, which may cost you some bucks) I would put it out there for $15k and see if you get any action,,,,,,these are getting more rare and the right person will pay a lil more for the perfect car (just like I did) but if you are trading it def pull the parts....

I think the prices have bottomed for nice ones that aren't ragged out.....any performance minded soul that is looking at a 4.6 stang would def choose a Cobra instead of a GT for a couple thousand extra......

these are still the best bang for the buck on the road, performance to price.....and that why most of us own them.....

all that being said....just keep your car.....its awesome....

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
before I ripped the parts off,(and have to re-tune, which may cost you some bucks) I would put it out there for $15k and see if you get any action,,,,,,these are getting more rare and the right person will pay a lil more for the perfect car (just like I did) but if you are trading it def pull the parts....

I think the prices have bottomed for nice ones that aren't ragged out.....any performance minded soul that is looking at a 4.6 stang would def choose a Cobra instead of a GT for a couple thousand extra......

these are still the best bang for the buck on the road, performance to price.....and that why most of us own them.....

all that being said....just keep your car.....its awesome....

im not going to be a douche
but no part of this is correct other than the part he could list it for 15k and see what happens.
there are turbo-th400 03 cobras for 23k on here....with NICE turbo kits
the GT's of the same year are under 8k

Users who are viewing this thread