Reading Iridium Spark Plugs

808Matt

Established Member
Just switched from a TR6 spark plug, to a TR7IX reason being I didn't like how the heat on the strap was close to the weld on the TR6 so I decided to go one step colder and try an Iridium plug. I've never ran iridium plugs before so looking to see if anyone can provide advice on how these look. In fourth gear at 6,500 wide band shows 11.2, what do you guys think. Thank you

sparkplug.jpg
sparkplug1.jpg
sparkplug2.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Go back, had those on mine. I'll stick with TR-6. They got stupid for no reason. Car was breaking up like a bitch with only 8K on the plugs.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Iridium will last a long time but it's a poor conductor of electricity relative to copper....take a look at this chart.....decide for yourself!!;)
Spark Plug Conductance.png

808Matt

Established Member
Iridium will last a long time but it's a poor conductor of electricity relative to copper....take a look at this chart.....decide for yourself!!;)View attachment 1531018

I decided to switch back to a copper plug and but one step colder then the TR6 and am running the BR7EF. Car definitely feels smoother during WOT and not like it's fighting itself. Some people may have good luck with the NGK iridium series plugs but my car definitely did not like it. I will be staying away from iridium plugs for now.

GodStang

Established Member
I was about to say go back to cooper. Many people are breaking the iridium plugs and I have always had better running with cooper plugs.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
TR-6 and the BR7EF seem to be the way to go for us. I've never had issues with the TR-6s and have plenty of different setups to see how they hold up. No complaints here.

Users who are viewing this thread