Read only memory code

stangn

Established Member
I had my car down with no battery power for several months while building a new motor. When I got it back up and running I got a P0605 code. Cleared it several times but keeps returning.

I've rechecked all my grounds and checked all the computer pins at the plugs but it's not helping.

Anyone have any ideas?

basspro302

Established Member
Try and reflash the stock tune to the pcm. Check for the code then reflash the aftermarket tune.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I had this code pop up after leaving the dealer once. I think they disconnected my battery, but I forgot for what. I did what basspro recommends and everything went back to normal. It would not reset by clearing the code alone.

stangn

Established Member
Sorry been away for a bit.
Thanks for the help.
It's tuned by a local guy. I did the Kam reset and crank relearn. Put stock tune in and reloaded the other. It still comes up but not regularly now. Talked with my tuner and he thinks it's battery voltage. My car sits a lot without a tender so I ordered one. Battery was low but still started the car ok.

Shaun@AED

P0605 pops up with SCT tuned Ford ECU's due to the incorrect way SCT calculates the Check Sums.

Users who are viewing this thread