Re-caught the mod bug... a little help please....

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I haven't posted in awhile, but I still have my 03 SB Vert. I'm sort of thought about what is coming next since I haven't done much. It has a 2.76" pulley, tune, CAI, high flow midpipe, Borla catback, H&R springs, subframes, heat exchanger, IRS brace, and shifter.

This year I participated in the Hotrod Power Tour, and drove from Indianapolis to Bowling Green. It's an awesome trip, and will start in Bowling Green in June 2018 and go to the Carolinas. If you are in the area, sign up, it's an awesome time. I saw only 2 other Terminators during this year's tour. http://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/

During this spirited trip, I decided the stock brakes needed to go. They faded, shook, and performed poorly under hard braking. I have a Regal GS with Brembos for a daily and it stops better than my Cobra. Only 20k on my Cobra so the pads and rotors are stock from 2003. I flushed the fluid for regular maintenance. As a result, I'm looking at a Baer 6p 13" kit, should fit under the stock 17s. https://www.lethalperformance.com/baer-1979-2004-mustang-13-front-pro-brake-system-red-calipers.html

I also wheel hop worse than the easter bunny on crack. So FTBR has a kit, complete with Ford Racing pumpkin cover. http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/1999-2004_Cobra_Suspension_Parts_and_Tools.htm. I'll have a local speed shop install this.

And then a MM strut tower brace. Even with subframes and springs, this vert flexes like crazy.

The 2.76 + pulley has been fun, but I think it's time to step up. Am eyeing a VMP TVS 2.3L, but am unsure of what other supporting mods are needed. Need help here. My tuner told me my stock MAF is already at the edge with the pulley. Are the Diablosport MAFias still the best option here? And KB BAP? Do I need injectors or a different fuel pump?
https://www.lethalperformance.com/vmp-03-04-cobra-2-3l-tvs-supercharger.html

This rubber is starting to get some years on it, so when they started to get too old or worn I'm considering a set of 18" CCW Classics, a popular choice for us.

Anything else I'm missing? I appreciate any suggestions to my plan.

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Shameless pics.
18118608_10101319472523500_1903364375846946780_n.jpg

19149120_10101378303101550_3676914943442705529_n.jpg

19274802_10101378303021710_5797561611158203385_n.jpg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice car. If you want to add an aftermarket blower and up the boost then you need to up the air and fuel. Bigger pumps or BAP to get the fuel going and bigger injectors to squirt it. With that you need a MAF for bigger air.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have the Baer 6P and I'm happy with them. I let a buddy drive my car and he noticed a difference between his 01 brakes and mine without me saying anything.

Double check if the MM brace will fit with the TVS. I don't think it'll fit with the bigger blowers. I never wanted to run one personally because of all the holes that need to be drilled.

Skip the MAFia and get an aftermarket MAF. Plan on bigger pumps and injectors to go with the blower. How big depends on the fuel you plan on using and how much power you're aiming for.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Appreciate the responses. I'm looking in the area of 500-600rwhp on 93 octane pump gas. I sort of feel like this has been hashed and rehashed a million times since these cars came out so I appreciate any suggestions.

mach1033

Established Member
It fits over a 2.9 to

Attachments

• 12401754_10201191991318681_8963549597157723312_o.jpg
    12401754_10201191991318681_8963549597157723312_o.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 93

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
All those mods are spelled out in one place:

www.terminator-cobra.com

Just purchased a 2.3 Whipple for mine (lots of sales, and other vendors will always price match): my BAP, MAFia, and 60's are still perfect for it as they were for the ported Eaton.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Your very 1st purchase if you don't have them already should be a beefy set of jacking rails like Han's Racecraft (if you can find them), Stiffers or Global West. Especially in a vert. Do not purchase the spiney simple single box section extruded steel subs. The difference it will make to the integrity of the wet noodle SN95 chassis is astounding. Make sure you weld them "weight-on-the-wheels" or your doors won't close.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
I have the Baer 6P and I'm happy with them. I let a buddy drive my car and he noticed a difference between his 01 brakes and mine without me saying anything.

Double check if the MM brace will fit with the TVS. I don't think it'll fit with the bigger blowers. I never wanted to run one personally because of all the holes that need to be drilled.

Skip the MAFia and get an aftermarket MAF. Plan on bigger pumps and injectors to go with the blower. How big depends on the fuel you plan on using and how much power you're aiming for.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
Yeah, it's either holes or you need an alignment every time you take it off for other brands like stifflers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like your plan to go with VMP. Solid choice, and one that I recommend. You've already gotten some good advice in this thread, but if you're wanting to pursue the VMP blower give them a call and ask your questions. They're a great company to deal with. https://www.vmpperformance.com/ You can get a tune through them (Jason), of course, or consider shaun @ aed. https://www.facebook.com/AED-Tuning-108053219535234/ or John Lund @ https://www.lundracing.com/.

Good looking Sonic Blue Cobra, Jason.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Your very 1st purchase if you don't have them already should be a beefy set of jacking rails like Han's Racecraft (if you can find them), Stiffers or Global West. Especially in a vert. Do not purchase the spiney simple single box section extruded steel subs. The difference it will make to the integrity of the wet noodle SN95 chassis is astounding. Make sure you weld them "weight-on-the-wheels" or your doors won't close.

nm

blownfox

Established Member
I glad I'm not the only one that struggles with this. I went through this debacle earlier this year. I decided to order the VMP with the GT500 TB, 60 lbs injectors, BAP and VMP MAF. I've taken these mods in small steps and right now I'm working with MalcolmV8 on the Fore return fuel system and bigger injectors. I ordered all the VMP stuff through him and received a great deal! He is also a well known tuner for these cars. I tried VMP tuning and will not use them for tuning again. I could not get the car to start. It was way too rich and thought my FRPS went. I put the factory injectors, MAF, and loaded the old tune and drove it to a local tuner. However, I will be using Malcolm for my next tune.

I bought this car since August 2016 with 22XXX miles on it and the first mod was the FTBR kit (FT 1350M and FT 5001). It’s great and cannot tell you if there is any additional road noise and have not seen any wheel hop (I did not use the aluminum front differential supports/washer, I used MM urethane kit). I also added FTBR sway bar end link kit (FT1900) and bumpsteer kits (FT 1860)

Once the fuel system is completed, I will be working on the brakes. I have 18" wheels already and will go with Baer 14" 6p kit and FTBR 13" rear rotor. Also I talked with FTBR and he does not recommend upgrading to their FT 7000 or FT 7050 unless you've upgraded your front brakes to 14".

After that I'll upgrade the transmission input shift and clutch. For me, trying to do it all at once became overwhelming (so many choices for these cars) but doing it in small steps has made it more manageable/enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread