rattling from underneath

jbentley

Established Member
I just bought my cobra a few weeks ago and noticed when I'm driving and hit the slightest bump i can hear a rattle from underneath. I checked underneath and the exhaust was nice and tight. I called the guy and asked him when he lowered it if he took the isolaters out of it. He said he took one off each side i don't remember if it was the top or bottom. Anyways is that what could be making that noise? It sounds like metal on metal.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Could be, also check the dust shields on the brakes or heat shields on the exhaust if there are any.

i8urSS

Established Member
i cant imagine it being the isolators. unless you were hitting some major bumps. you didnt say if it was coming from the front or rear. i'm assuming rear since you mentioned the exhaust. i had some rattling the other day coming from the rear that i could only hear every now and then and it turned out to be my exhaust tip. try to give us more details tho.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
The anti rattle clips are gone on your brake pads. I had the same thing happen. It sounds almost like change? I'm pretty sure that's what is making the noise. It drove me CRAZY! I realized that I had forgotten to put them back in. oops

jbentley

Established Member
the sound sounds like it is coming from the front of the car. Im going to go check the dust shield and the heat shield right now. ANTI RATTLE CLIPS? what are those and were are they?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
the sound sounds like it is coming from the front of the car. Im going to go check the dust shield and the heat shield right now. ANTI RATTLE CLIPS? what are those and were are they?

They are on the end of the brake pads. Pretty common for guys to forget them when they change the brakes.

jbentley

Established Member
Okay so i checked it over there is no heat shield, dust covers seemed fine psg. side might be a little loose. Now for the anti rattle clips how many should be on there? Driver and psg. only have one.

jbentley

Established Member
yes that helps out alot thanks i guess i should use the search bar before starting a thread i guess im going to order a kit

jbentley

Established Member
okay ordered the anti rattle kit. Now while i am installing them can i just take those dust covers off? I drive highway and that is it.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
okay ordered the anti rattle kit. Now while i am installing them can i just take those dust covers off? I drive highway and that is it.

Eh, I wouldn't. The clips are making the noise. It wouldn't hurt anything really if you did.

jbentley

Established Member
So I put the rattle clips on and no more rattle. How weird that a couple clips will do that lol

Users who are viewing this thread