Rattle from inside bell housing/clutch cable dust cover?

TX03DSG

Established Member
I just recently (last week) dropped my tranny to change the tob and everything went smooth with the removal and install, but today I did a few pulls and started hearing a metal rattle from the dust cover area. I pulled the cover to find a small ball bearing type metal ball just rolling around in the cover? What could this go to? There was nothing besides the tob that I can think of that could be in the clutch area and the tob is sliding on the sleeve with no noise while driving or anything for me to think its that. Thanks in advance

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
those ball bearings come from the tob when they go bad, maybe it was hiding in there from your old one

hotcobra03

Established Member
What brand tob did you use..

I had alot of these go bad on mine..

my last 1 was weeks old and split into 2 halfs..my fork was rattling and banging

Zemedici

Established Member
Could be balls from the last TOB, could be the pivot ball, could be the nut on the end of the clutch cable rattling in the fork, unfortunately you gotta just get it in the air and check it out.

TX03DSG

Established Member
It's aTimken TOB. The pivot stud has no movement and the cable is a oem so there is no nut on the end to the fork. My only guess is from the old bearing but it was not broken or cracked? I have the cover off and went for a drive last night and everything went smooth other than tensioner pulley squeal lol. Always something!

Users who are viewing this thread