Rat spends the night in the 03!!!!

Crazy03

Established Member
It was a very interesting story and the first to happen to me. I came out to my car to start it this morning and thought I'd check the oil first. I opened the hood and my engine compartment is dirty as hell. I didn't understand it, I always clean it. I look up and my hood blanket looks like it had been chewed on. I see all my wires that are going to by battery and A/F gauge cut. First thing I think foul play. I keep looking around in the engine bay and see, what appears to be water on the supercharger and by the fuel rails. I say wierd it hasn't rained and I haven't washed my car for a week. I keep looking and I see these big ass droppings all around the passenger side injectors and also on top of the eaton. At this point I am ready to go postal. All of a sudden I see from the corner of my eye something little run from underneath my car to underneath the deck. So I sit and wait for 30 minutes and the damn thing doesn't come out. I would have waken up the neighbors with the 357 if that thing would have come crawling out. I then inspect the engine again and see on the drivers side behind the stut tower assembly there is a perfect little ledge for something to sit and I find food all over it. I clean everything up, took about 1 hour and start the car. Of course the A/F gauge doesn't work and I am listening for anything weird in the motor but didn't hear anything out of the norm. I still have to drive the car but hopefully nothing will be wrong. I figured out that since I just lowered the car with H&R's and I have the kooks longtubes it was a very easy platform to climb up since it is only 1 1/2 inches off the ground.
Sorry for the long story but I have to vent. Needless to say I will be buying 20 rat traps and putting them all over the backyard for this damn thing. I Also will be surrounding the Cobra with them!!

raiders03

Banned
To bad you did not get to fire the pistola. That sure does suck. How is that for bad luck.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
That is the funniest '03 Cobra story to date, Crazy03 :) ! Too bad it had to be at your expense...

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I read another thread some time back from someone who had the exact same problem. The rat was staying on top of the blower for warmth! He put rat traps all over the place and finally caught the thing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It sounds like you store your car outside. If that's the case you've got to be careful not only about mice, but cats. They love warm engines. I'd surely get a few traps but you'll have to be on guard all the time. Yuck!

Like someone above said, maybe it's time to stick a Cobra under the hood. LOL!

stangin

Established Member
Rats and Cats

When I used to work on cars I saw all this hair in this guys engine compartment, I asked him about it and he said this cat in the neiborhood used to sleep on his car at night, well the cat decided to sleep in the fan shroud (78 Impala) this particular night and didnt hear him closing the car door and you can guess the rest. Sure made a mess and Im sure the cat did not enjoy it either.. I would think the cat would have solved the rat problem in your engine compartment though, then you have a cat problem. Do Cobra's eat cats? Im not sure I would want to ask the Cobra to leave though!

Last edited:

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
What you really need to do is hang some cat/mouse/rat pelts on polls all around your car. Or, you just need to impale a whole crap load of them. . . . it will do two things, scare the piss out of your neighbors (keep your darn pets indoors), and get you arrested for being in a satanic cult. But, when the trial is over all those stupid animals will know that you don't take that crap (literally) anymore.

Word.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by GN & SS PILOT
smear some peanut butter on the traps & that should lure them & hopefully get rid of the pesky rodents.

Better still mix a little Potassium Cyanide with the peanut butter and you won't have to buy 20 traps. DON'T do this if you have pets or children around!

It's a darn shame, rats make good pets if raised from birth, but are really pests otherwise.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by GN & SS PILOT
smear some peanut butter on the traps & that should lure them & hopefully get rid of the pesky rodents.

OT - funny you should say that, this is what I used to do. Worked great at attracting them, but the darn things learned how to lick (?) the peanut butter off the traps without setting them off! My wife thought I was crazy to put PB on the traps, and laughed for days when the kept cleaning the traps off... :bored:

Sorry - I didn't know if anyone else did this or not.

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
I have a story but it does not involve rats. At my work a customer brought his truck in for speaker upgrades and when we opened the hood to run the amp power wire I noticed that on the engine there were a bunch of hickory nuts just sitting there. Just looking at them they have been cooked for a long time and the "SQUIRLL" kept bringing them in. It was great, when I told the customer he said "I just dont look under the hood anymore"

I think I would after this. He later may have a tree starting to grow and he would not know it.

LOL

:lol:

BOOOOST

Established Member
Re: Rats and Cats

Originally posted by stangin
...well the cat decided to sleep in the fan shroud (78 Impala)...

hahaha! Yes, those fan shrouds back in the days were something HUGE! Reminds me of a jet engine intake. A small child could have literally laid in them.

dino

Established Member
BELIEVE IT OR NOT GET SOME SALAMI SLICED AND PUSH IT OVER THE PRONG ON THE TRAP SO THEY CANT PULL IT OFF. THE SMELL OF SALAMI ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAN GET IT WARM IS IRRESISTABLE TO RATS IT WORKED ALOT BETTER THAN PEANUT BUTTER IN OUR WAREHOUSE.GOT THEM ALL IN A FEW NIGHTS-
IF YOU HAVE ONE I BET THERE IS MORE-

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I had a squirrel climb into the engine compartment of my '98 SHO just after I parked it and got chewed up when the fan automatically went on. The fuze/circuit breaker failed to work and the fan motor burned up. Dealer refused to cover under warranty even when I pointed out that the fuze failure caused the burnt motor (I didn't mind replacing the fan blades). Dealer wrapped up the squirrel carcass in a plastic bag "in case you want to make road-kill stew"). Cost me $300. Most expensive meal I've ever eaten.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by dino
BELIEVE IT OR NOT GET SOME SALAMI SLICED AND PUSH IT OVER THE PRONG ON THE TRAP SO THEY CANT PULL IT OFF. THE SMELL OF SALAMI ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAN GET IT WARM IS IRRESISTABLE TO RATS IT WORKED ALOT BETTER THAN PEANUT BUTTER IN OUR WAREHOUSE.GOT THEM ALL IN A FEW NIGHTS-
IF YOU HAVE ONE I BET THERE IS MORE-

If you put enough Salami on it I may stop by!;-) :-D

Users who are viewing this thread