Rasp or Tone? (Exhaust)

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
Not your average sounding 5.0 with o.r H and flows
What do you consider this? Alot of rasp or is that a exhaust tone?

Inside it sounds like TONE...

Outside is what people hear. So i want your opinions.

Stock Motor 5.0 so it wont sound clean like a modded mustang :??:
Longer Vid- Mustang Spintech- No exhaust pipping behind muffers 5.0 - YouTube

Short Vid- Wingless - YouTube

Should the X be swapped for a H or does it sound alright?

Last edited:

Nick_B95GT

Established Member
i think it sounds good, but a bbk o/r x-pipe and a set of tailpipes will make it sound so much better inside and out

and the only reason i say bbk is i had a 95 gt, with stock headers, macflowpaths and bbk o/r xpipe and it was badass, a thousand times better than flowmasters ,,and i tried both the h and x-pipes, sounded much better with the x

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I do not like raspy exhaust, I've never been a fan of anything with a SLP system on it. I think yours sounds very good. I like the tone, I wouldn't change it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Try a H pipe.

I had spintech site exit (roush configuration) on my 02 GT with the stock H. Loved it, sounded like Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds. Threw a OR X on there for shits and gigglesand it sounded like a boat. Swapped the Stock H back in and much better.

Im not a fan of X pipes on anything though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that your car sounds great just the way it is. I wouldn't change a thing, unless you're looking for a different sound. Exhaust sound/tone is very subjective. There are so many combinations it can be very difficult to get a setup optimal for your own ears. Just saying to my ears, your setup sounds awesome.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
I agree that your car sounds great just the way it is. I wouldn't change a thing, unless you're looking for a different sound. Exhaust sound/tone is very subjective. There are so many combinations it can be very difficult to get a setup optimal for your own ears. Just saying to my ears, your setup sounds awesome.

Thanks. Your right about the "optimal for your own ears"
To my ears it sounds very close to a ton of rasp outside. (not that is entirely bad) I do plan on changing it, but my next exhaust path is pricey and wont happen soon. (bassani cb)

I do however want to try a o/r H on the 5.0 engine. I had a o/r H on my 4.6L GT and it sounded bad ass. This o/r X on the 5.0 is not as loud and missing a lot of stuff i like from the o/r H on the 4.6L. I haven't changed it since it might not be the pipe, but because the pushrod is that.. a pushrod and will never sound like a modular (not knocking the 5.0 guys)

Last edited:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Sounds good to me. Although spintechs seem to sound better with an x over an h, but it sounds great the way it is!

Users who are viewing this thread