Rarest of the Rare. SVT Cobra.

skratpiece

Established Member
The backwards emblem Cobra is quickly becoming one of the most desired collectible mustangs in existence. It is a very limited production vehicle and final production numbers have never been disclosed by Ford. In fact, Ford won't even acknowledge that the secretive project ever occurred. Some speculate that the vehicle was created as a reverse psychology effort to fool Chevrolet drivers into believing that they were up against a "Cobra Imposter". Another viable theory is that the cobra underwent rigorous wind tunnel experiments and that the modification was proven to exhibit superior aerodynamic efficiency. There are many theories as to why Ford produced such a vehicle but the most logical theory as to why Ford built a "Backwards Emblem Edition" is simply it's rarity, and collectibility.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Of course he's joking. There have been a couple of threads the past day or so discussing this. LOL! Truth is that the factory occasionally messed up on the emblems. Plain and simple. And a couple were cases of body shops reversing them side to side. How many came from the factory like this is unknown of course. I would doubt it is a high percentage. Not something the average person would even notice now.

skratpiece

Established Member
Ford refutes that the vehicle was ever produced. Yet, SVT Cobra curators contest that evidence indicates that the project was executed by SVT's Internal Affairs Organization. SVTIAO.

GTSSTANG

Established Member
I think he is stating both are facing back.

Actually the Cobra emblems were actually facing the right way before the wind tunnel test, but the shear force of simulating speeds of 200 mph forced them to turn back.

Try going 200 mph with your head out the window with your mouth wide open....

Last edited:

Don Juan

Established Member
Ford refutes that the vehicle was ever produced. Yet, SVT Cobra curators contest that evidence indicates that the project was executed by SVT's Internal Affairs Organization. SVTIAO.

I imagined that with some "Unsolved Mysteries" music and I'm giggling like a Japanese school girl.

Not there's anything wrong with that. :dancenana:

mustang_00

Established Member
i remember seeing pix/reading about a 00-01 mustang gt that came from the factory with a gt badge on the passanger side and a pony badge on the drivers side. it was delivered from the factory to the dealership like that. The dealership called the factory and told them about the mistake and was trying to work something out like a authenticity paper to scam people into thinking it was rare. apparently ford pretty much said "oops" and that was that. now if a different engine was dropped into it by freak accident then it would have to get one. maybe that's why newer cars don't have that many engine options like the old days... a backwards cobra does make you do a double take though haha

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
I have seen some 03-04 v-6 mustangs with terminator fuel tanks, and dual fuel pump assemblies in them from the factory........ Hmmmmmm...;-)

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
HAHA! I love this thread!!!!! :lol: I want a reverse cobra cobra!!!!!! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread