Rarest 99-04 cobra???

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I can get 30K for my mystichrome all day long if I really wanted to sell. Performace red will bring in mid to low 20s at best. so the so called "rarity" has zero to do with anything other than you can say that YOUR color was available on every model mustang made the YEARS that particular color was available.

the 96 mystic and the 04 mystichrome were ONLY available on the cobra's and ONLY available in 96 and 04. Does that make them "rare" it depends if you are comparing Cobras, or Mustangs.

I think you HAVE to compare Mustangs rather than Cobras.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Performance red is still one of the rarest colors. Yes mystichrome and mystic are more rare but PR was also only available for two years in 00-01, and was the lowest volume regular production color. There are probably only a few thousand PR mustangs PERIOD. But as far a cobras go my PR cobra IS more rare than yours.

LOL at people getting worked up over this.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Lol I've started a war between performance red and mystic chrome. :eek:
not really LOL it's MYSTICHROME :) I LIKE the Red just not as much as the one I have.

and for the record, Mystichrome is not "RARE" it is UNIQUE and that is what makes it a value add. not it being Rare. 1010 of them were made. I should have said that in my post above.

cj428mach

Established Member
I agree completley color and combination mean nothing when it comes to the value of the car, I always laugh when someone asks this questions thinking there car is worth more just because of how rare the color is. Good post OP.

I think you're wrong there. Compare a Sonic Blue Cobra, Comp Orange, or Oxford White vs a similar mileage and condition Screaming Yellow Cobra. I'm pretty sure the SY won't bring as much.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
When you break it down into specific interior/color combo, there can be some rare cars.

I remember reading about a few rare cobras that had a Cloth interior. The link that's on the first page backs this up. I wonder if anyone's seen one of these rare cars.

Funny story: I have a 99 Cobra Coupe - E. Green w/ Parchment interior. I believe they made 223 cars with my combination. I wish I had a black interior, not only is it less common, but it looks better IMO.

When I moved to Florida, I wanted to get a custom plate but I couldn't think of what to get. My first 3 choices were taken. So I decided to get a plate that said "1 of XXX" based on how many were made. I was at the DMV and I had to guess my number based on what I remembered from the last time I saw the site.

Needless to say, I guessed the wrong number. My plate says "1 OF 233" instead of "1 OF 223". At least it bears some resemblance to the actual number and I didn't really screw it up.

So, whenever someone asks me what does "1 of 233 mean", I tell them it's based on how many cars were made, but I guessed the wrong number. It turns out being a whole long story because they don't understand. Either that or I just tell non car people that it's an inside joke when I don't feel like explaining it.

fortybrandon

Established Member
When you break it down into specific interior/color combo, there can be some rare cars.

I remember reading about a few rare cobras that had a Cloth interior. The link that's on the first page backs this up. I wonder if anyone's seen one of these rare cars.

Funny story: I have a 99 Cobra Coupe - E. Green w/ Parchment interior. I believe they made 223 cars with my combination. I wish I had a black interior, not only is it less common, but it looks better IMO.

When I moved to Florida, I wanted to get a custom plate but I couldn't think of what to get. My first 3 choices were taken. So I decided to get a plate that said "1 of XXX" based on how many were made. I was at the DMV and I had to guess my number based on what I remembered from the last time I saw the site.

Needless to say, I guessed the wrong number. My plate says "1 OF 233" instead of "1 OF 223". At least it bears some resemblance to the actual number and I didn't really screw it up.

So, whenever someone asks me what does "1 of 233 mean", I tell them it's based on how many cars were made, but I guessed the wrong number. It turns out being a whole long story because they don't understand. Either that or I just tell non car people that it's an inside joke when I don't feel like explaining it.

Lol yeah I have my electric green cobra vert with tan top and tan interior and when i bought it someone painted it yellow so i just finished and painted the top black =D I still HATE the interior. Especially when I put the top down I dont want everyone looking at tan. =[ Im thinking about changing it to a diff color. Maybe blue or red.

T2eC16Jy0E9s2S5j5BRUh5gzQ60_3_zps791426b6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread