Raptorize all the stuff

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Interesting responses. I would be more surprised if they didn't do this. Between the success of the Raptor and Bronco Raptor, and the fact Porsche and Lamborghini are building off-road oriented sports cars, it's not a shock. I think Purosangue gained height over the FF for similar reasons.

I have a couple sports cars that I don't really drive at all because our roads are catastrophically ****ED. If it weren't unobtanium, a 911 Dakar would be just about the perfect car for the Mad Max hellscape that I have to drive on every day.

I left Detroit this time last year with 2 bent wheels on one of my cars.

I’m getting Cherry 2000 vibes:

1681784137965.jpeg

fangstang

Established Member
Ford is really destroying the Raptor name. Each new generation of Raptor has gotten further away from the initial reason they were made. I'm a long time FRF member and you should see the place now. GEN1 was great. Guys talking about off-roading and doing mods to make their trucks perform better and helping each other out. It was great. Gen2 came a long and now the starbucks guys started to trickle in. Gen3? Disaster. Every topic is about PPF and ceramic coating, heated steering wheels, etc... Then Ford decides to name the top Bronco a Raptor. The code name was Warthog, which would have been MUCH better, but nope, Ford has to squeeze every last drop of Raptor dollars out of the name.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I left Detroit this time last year with 2 bent wheels on one of my

I can definitely believe it. I also think the issue of catastrophically crumbling road infrastructure isn’t limited to Michigan. The number of states with awesome roads is dwindling as the tolerance for shitty surfaces in ultra high performance cars is decreasing. Lotta ways to bust carbon wheels, rip off splitters, hurls loose crumbling road debris with ultra sticky Cup 2s…

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ford is really destroying the Raptor name. Each new generation of Raptor has gotten further away from the initial reason they were made. I'm a long time FRF member and you should see the place now. GEN1 was great. Guys talking about off-roading and doing mods to make their trucks perform better and helping each other out. It was great. Gen2 came a long and now the starbucks guys started to trickle in. Gen3? Disaster. Every topic is about PPF and ceramic coating, heated steering wheels, etc... Then Ford decides to name the top Bronco a Raptor. The code name was Warthog, which would have been MUCH better, but nope, Ford has to squeeze every last drop of Raptor dollars out of the name.

That has more to do with the buyer/market than the vehicle. A Raptor is an expensive status symbol truck. Ford can't build them fast enough as is, so when they add a little content and increase price they make even more money. High-end trims of the F-Series are what produces nearly all the profit for the entire company, so they've found a model that works.

As for the vehicles themselves, comparing a G1 Raptor to a G3 is like comparing a Terminator to a Predator GT500. In every measurable way the newer version is far more capable, but you're going to pay a lot more for it.

Users who are viewing this thread