Raptorize all the stuff

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what I think about this.

No manual option makes it less desirable, but an AWD V8 coupe that I could bomb around in the snow and on frozen lakes could be a blast.

That dash, though, is so terrible that's it's likely a no for me. (and at $90K, it's a bit steep for a Ford on salty roads).

Last edited:

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
2D0B8530-7BE8-41A9-BB65-8B851C3B8E04.gif

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Interesting responses. I would be more surprised if they didn't do this. Between the success of the Raptor and Bronco Raptor, and the fact Porsche and Lamborghini are building off-road oriented sports cars, it's not a shock. I think Purosangue gained height over the FF for similar reasons.

I have a couple sports cars that I don't really drive at all because our roads are catastrophically ****ED. If it weren't unobtanium, a 911 Dakar would be just about the perfect car for the Mad Max hellscape that I have to drive on every day.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The issue is 95% of the people who buy any type of vehicle like this will not use them for their intended purpose. I'm 100% guilty of this. Starbucks anyone?

Speaking of Starbucks....after my son's 7am soccer game yesterday we ran through one for hot chocolate. I went around the building, and was third in line when I saw how tight the drive thru lane was. I figured what the hell, surely I can fit.

I cleared with about 1/4" on each side. Two girls came and stood at the window to watch. haha

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I was saying the GT500 and Dodge should have gone AWD a while ago. That upper echelon of "Street Racing Track Cars" are all AWD because 2WD just can't control the power and hook.

GTR, Aventador, Gallardo, R8, 911 TT.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Speaking of Starbucks....after my son's 7am soccer game yesterday we ran through one for hot chocolate. I went around the building, and was third in line when I saw how tight the drive thru lane was. I figured what the hell, surely I can fit.

I cleared with about 1/4" on each side. Two girls came and stood at the window to watch. haha
I get just trying to slide my junk in.
I had a AMC Eagle way, way back. Windowed the block.

Users who are viewing this thread