raptor shift light

01yellercobra

Established Member
You should have told me about the rpm thing. I hooked your old one up to Patrick's car and set it for 2500 so I didn't have to revhis engine too high. It worked just fine. If I had known about the 6000 thing, I would have tried it.

UCBeau

we didn't know about RPM thing till yesterday. it works fine in the lower RPM's

right now I am thinking perhaps the ground over by the computer might be bad, so i'll have to try and switch it to the ground 01 BLK Cobra told me about. that or there's an ungrounded hot wire touching the body of the car somewhere and that's screwing up the power to the light.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Well, I'll bring the light back to DPR today. I need to talk to Patrick about rotors anyway. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

UCBeau

You free tomorrow morning? If I'm not too hungover maybe we can try relocating the ground wire and see if that clears anything up.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm not free, but reasonably priced. But it shouldn't be a problem. I'll be looking for an excuse to stay out in the garage.

UCBeau

sweet, i'll give you a call around 10. i want to exhaust all my options on this damn thing before giving up.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
that or i'll just burn my car to the ground and buy a sonic blue terminator.

chuck-ball.gif

UCBeau

update: went to Slo984now's place and he rewired the power wire into a key-on fuse, and wired the ground into the fusebox ground. shift light works perfectly now.

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
great.....i knew it was probably like mine... I tihnk somewhere in the long cable some of the strands of either the gnd or power break....

UCBeau

i think it was the car..the 1st shift light i brought works just fine on other cars, and i bet this one does too. i think in my case i had a crappy ground, and when that was taken care of, the light worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread