raptor pricing leaked

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
So your RS7 can't drive in the snow? It is lower yes but I would imagine the roads are not horrible because not everybody has drives a lifted truck daily.

Honestly, the rs7 is too nice for the snow for me. I drive my gtr all winter with snow tires. I have my kids 50% of the time and don't care about them dirtying up the truck. I cringe every time they get in the gtr with salty, snowy boots and climb over the center counsel to get in the back. I'm sure the Audi would do fine in snow--my buddy dailies his modded s6 with winter wheels in the snow. I like the weight and wheelbase of the raptor. I literally care less if I slide into or over curbs in that truck. That happens once in the gtr or Audi and it's a flat tire. I pulled my plow guy out of my yard last year when he slid off my driveway.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Not bashing raptors so dont take it that way, but I'm curious the Raptor is supposed to be set up Baja pre runner ready, jump ready etc right? Thats the big selling point on them? Anybody here actually buy the Raptor and use it for that or do most owners just buy it for the cool factor of owning a Raptor? I looked at new Raptors years back with my buddy, we were both shopping. I bailed on buying a new truck but he ended up buying a loaded F150 and then spent a couple grand on a nice suspension lift, tires and a few other features. It doesnt hold the same resale value down the road as a Raptor but he actually uses his F150 offroad, whereas everybody I have seen has low mile garage queen Raptors. Again not bashing Raptors, I too was on the fence on getting one.

When I pick up my Raptor it's going to have the hang time of a hot air balloon. lol. Seriously though, i've already got some road trips and such planned with my off roading friends to go play. So mine will in fact be used for what it was intended for.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I was very much on the fence between a Raptor and the GT500 when I got my '14. I spec'd out a Blue Flame Scab nicely loaded on the Ford site a number of times before deciding to go with the Shelby.

At the time the fuel mileage of the Raptor was a real issue for me. I didn't really appreciate how special the 6.2 was at the time, despite its mileage drawbacks. I really did want the 3.5EB. With the GenII turned up to over 450 it's gotten much more appealing, especially living in Colorado where the Shelby has seen only 1k miles in the last year.

Regulars520

Established Member
No doubt, the raptor will not do well towing that much. People knock the raptor for towing---it's true, it is not meant to tow primarily. I'd have no issues towing a car trailer or small boat, though. That's about it. Obviously if you have more than 5 people the raptor is not an option either. I saw one last week with a truck cap so well done, for a second I thought it was an SUV.

There is a company that takes new diesels or f250's and converts them to new excursions. I'd bet it could be done with a Raptor but after all the extensive mods, etc... The price would probably be so North it wouldnt be worth it. But who knows maybe Ford will put out a SVT SUV someday.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
LOL at people thinking it's a good idea to do 70mph in a "whiteout blizzard".

99-venom

Established Member
Right! 70 mph in low visibility on public roads is a horrible idea no matter the vehicles capability.

nickf2005

Established Member
I saw one this weekend... The want is bad.

20160724_131433_zpsy4jnb3zi.jpg

20160724_131450_zpsqoa3n0fq.jpg

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Was on the fence between a lifted F-250 and raptor.
Went with the raptor and have been impressed.
Insanely smooth ride, uniqueness, and off-road manners
You have to drive one to truly appreciate it!
It's amazing how it eats up bumps

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
LOL at people thinking it's a good idea to do 70mph in a "whiteout blizzard".

Didn't you know? 4wd has been proven to increase braking distances and corning grip by 200%. :read: It also increases visibility in whiteout conditions and generates a force field to protect the vehicle from trees, ditches and other cars. :bowdown:

kaz109

Established Member
This is a Ford site I get it but try to answer this without being a blind brand loyalist, has anybody cross shopped this new raptor with a Titan warrior?

Users who are viewing this thread