Random Picture Thread

blk02edge

Established Member
Maybe I'm just a sucker for vintage stuff, but something about the old C1/C2 Vettes and even Cobras is so alluring, even in a way the newer roadsters aren't. Sure they're all big motor, light body cars, but maybe that element of danger and retro look is more fun than the refinement to chassis and brakes that newer models offer.
People look at me funny when I say I'd take the 64' Vette over the GT3 100 times over.

The Porsche is so good it's not really fun, it's just a status symbol.

VegasMichael

Established Member
..................29 July 1967
134 to be exact....................there is a placard in the hanger bay listing the names.
uss_forrestal_fire_1_1967.jpg

uss_forrestal_fire_ra-5cs_burning_1967.jpg

1470242389110.jpg

After I retired from the Navy, I went to work for Anheuser Busch Inc. ( Budweiser ) @ it's Newark N.J. plant. I met a guy that was on the Forrestal @ the time of that fire, He worked out of the same shop I'd run in 1985. We are still friends & go to breakfast from time to time,.................small world !!
Definitely a small world. Can't imagine how frightening that must have been. I received damage control/firefighting training on Treasure Island near San Fran. It closed in 1997. I heard it's pretty contaminated.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
People look at me funny when I say I'd take the 64' Vette over the GT3 100 times over.

The Porsche is so good it's not really fun, it's just a status symbol.

That was my same reaction first driving a 996. It was pretty cool, but just so sterile it sucked the fun out of it. I was even disappointed with how composed the supposedly ill mannered early Vipers were. I guess you have to go really old school for the adrenaline factor.

Plus something like a C1/C2 would be one of the best cruising cars you can get.

blk02edge

Established Member
That was my same reaction first driving a 996. It was pretty cool, but just so sterile it sucked the fun out of it. I was even disappointed with how composed the supposedly ill mannered early Vipers were. I guess you have to go really old school for the adrenaline factor.

Plus something like a C1/C2 would be one of the best cruising cars you can get.
It's why I can't comprehend how someone actually enjoys an EV.. how fast they are in a straight line could not be more irrelevant to me.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
We have friends that keep their beehives on our property.
This is what happened to them.
Screenshot_20220506-163710_SPYPOINT.jpeg

Your government is lying to you

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread