Established Member

Holy hell...call the refuelers

f_mo_greta_thunberg_un_3_190923.focal-760x428.jpg

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member

Holy hell...call the refuelers

Back in the 90's when we had B-1B's and F-16s stationed at McConnell AFB, they would have "afterburner nights" that looked a lot like that video.
Luckily for the BOnes, we also had KC-135R & RT variants ready to top them off.

The forth of July before they split the Kansas B-1's between Ellsworth and Abilene in 2002 they flew around SC Kansas and put on a hell of a show. I observed a pair that were out, they kept circling Cheney lake aggressively. Finally one broke off came in hot and low over the lake at sunset and it was glorious to watch the nose go down, the wings come in and the afterburners light up... ran the length of the lake and pulled up to a near 90* vertical by the time they got to the dam, and the wings swinged back out and it rejoined it's sister ship. They were not as low as the famous photo/painting (kicking up wakes in the water) but they were lower than I'd ever seen. But that was what they designed them for, going balls to the wall on the deck.
Today, we just have the KC-135R/RT and KC-46 Pegasus tankers. Although strategically important they are no where near as thrilling.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We have those black bears all around us, and every so often a camera catches one. Usually at night.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
That looks well past dawn and from what Im assuming is a camera phone, if thats game-cam pic that changes things. But if you stroll out and can just casually take pics of a black bear without it bolting its a problem.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
How deep in the woods are you, I would consider that a nuisance that needs to be dealt with.

We just live in a rural/residential area of Western Wisconsin. Normally, Black Bears are afraid of people and will bolt in the opposite direction. Like Bob mentioned, its kinda odd to see one during the day like that.

You'd just never want to get between a sow and her cubs. Otherwise, I don't worry about them. They are incredibly fast and can climb a tree like a rocket.

We do have a hummingbird feeder near the ground, but that hasn't been bothered - yet. We also have a large Mulberry tree in the back. I've never noticed clawed prints in/around it.

Users who are viewing this thread