Random clutch issue question

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Sometimes from a dig when I slip the clutch it will grab for second then act like its completely slipping and you can smell clutch. It happened to me roughly 3 times before getting a tune so my friends and I figured it may have been torque management. However, I raced a friend a few times yesterday and the first two races it did it. Its almost as if when I hook decently the clutch gives up but if I let off them back on it grabs. The third race I let it out fast and just spun so I could get a decent run off. It could be me letting the clutch out differently those particular times but I wanted to post up and see if anyone else has experienced this.

To give specifics I bounce the rpms between 4k to 5k when I launch. I have made the car hook very well multiple times without the clutch issue which makes me think it may be something I'm doing but my friend advised me to make a post anyway. And for those curious the car I raced was a 2000 camaro ss with suspension, hypertec tune, long tubes, and et streets roughly a high 12s car and I put 2 cars on him the third race where I spun bad.

chuckstang

Established Member
hmm well i noticed something similar lately but just chalked it up to me.

I honestly cant tell if its the clutch, tq management, my left foot.

try experimenting more with the TC off, sport mode, and all OFF, Im gona try that.

I def always fear the worst with the littlest issues since this tranny has a bad rep

chuckstang

Established Member
oh and plus 1 on clutch smell although I honestly dont know what a burning clutch smells like for sure so just a guess

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Guess I should have specified but I have advance trac completely off when racing. I don't use sport mode. It happens randomly so I'm not sure what to think of it.

Users who are viewing this thread