Ran my GT against a cobra

SoCalStang

Established Member
So last night I'm pulling out of my neighborhood in my 03 GT and see a silver 03/04 Cobra convertible with a cute female driver and some guy on the passenger seat. We weave in and out of traffic until we both come up to a red light. At which point I say to the driver "nice car". She smiles and the guy replies before she could say anything "it's stock dawg"; so I replied "you sure? It sounds good." Here is where it gets funny, the guy shouts "its got flowmasters from factory". I say "no it doesn't". The douche replies "you see it's a cobra, that's the way they come stock". I shake my head and wait a couple of seconds for the green. She gets on it hard jumping ahead about a half car, so I hit it hard as well reel her in and ran to about 90 mph at which point I had about a car and a half on the chic and the loud mouth guy. I slow down and look for a reaction, the guy rolled up his window and avoided eye contact. :banana: Felt good to humble an arrogant ignorant guy.

Breakdown:
2003 GT with Kenne Bell + supporting mods ~ 400rwhp; ~3600 lbs with driver and junk in trunk.
03/04 Cobra Stock ~ 360 rwhp; ~ convertible and passenger about 3900lbs.

I don't think they had a chance.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
So last night I'm pulling out of my neighborhood in my 03 GT and see a silver 03/04 Cobra convertible with a cute female driver and some guy on the passenger seat. We weave in and out of traffic until we both come up to a red light. At which point I say to the driver "nice car". She smiles and the guy replies before she could say anything "it's stock dawg"; so I replied "you sure? It sounds good." Here is where it gets funny, the guy shouts "its got flowmasters from factory". I say "no it doesn't". The douche replies "you see it's a cobra, that's the way they come stock". I shake my head and wait a couple of seconds for the green. She gets on it hard jumping ahead about a half car, so I hit it hard as well reel her in and ran to about 90 mph at which point I had about a car and a half on the chic and the loud mouth guy. I slow down and look for a reaction, the guy rolled up his window and avoided eye contact. :banana: Felt good to humble an arrogant ignorant guy.

Breakdown:
2003 GT with Kenne Bell + supporting mods ~ 400rwhp; ~3600 lbs with driver and junk in trunk.
03/04 Cobra Stock ~ 330rwhp; ~ convertible and passenger about 3900lbs.

I don't think they had a chance.

actually their around 360rwhp...

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
They make about 360-370 RWHP from the Factory. The Exhaust on an 03/04 Cobra is actually pretty loud from the Factory. To my recollection, Flowmaster did not make a Factory exhaust for them, LOL.

You should be able to pull a bit on a Stock Cobra, but, a Pullied Cobra is another animal with a decent driver.

Good run making that guy look like the idiot he is.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Dynos aren't always spot on. That could also explain the high numbers people are getting, but the amount of people getting high numbers when on different dynos tells the truth.

true, not every cars going to make the same because their not all made the same. Good kill btw op!

Users who are viewing this thread