Ran again

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Well I finally raced the Shelby again.

Went 9.66 at 148 1.51 60ft and bogged on lower than normal boost....Thanks to Autolibre for all his help...I need a little more ass down low and this thing will run bottom 9's without a doubt. The car felt turd slow on the this pass

Turn it up and missed 3rd 9.95 at 145 missing 3rd real bad...

On that pass it pushed water again....not really sure what to do. We went to copper this time. We are going to add block sealer on Monday and see what happens...Copper usually needs it.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
The problem started when I went to the aluminum block.

Pushed water = blown head gasket.

Black Sex

Established Member
That's what I was thinking but was totaly sure.
How much boost do you run? I always thought the modular 4V heads sealed good and didn't have many head gasket problems

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Nice pass Bull! Congrats.

Just out of curiosity did anyone ever check the trueness of the full surfaces on the block? I had a c5 that had the slightest imperfections and it was enough that under high boost the gasket just didn't cut it. When we pulled the head you could see where the gasses had cut a microscopic groove in the deck. Had to pull and plane both sides. Fortunately there was enough room.

Just an off the wall thought.

Bj

Sent via Tapatalk from my MoPho

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Not positive but if I had to guess I'd the block...Most of the guys that run high boost and water through the block run cast iron.

The real big dogs run Aluminum but dry deck them. Not for a street car though.

Users who are viewing this thread