Ran a new best Friday in '98 Cobra

Wildpony

Established Member
Yeah I know I need slicks but I ran a new best of 12.4 @119 -1.99 60ft. still having to lift in 1st & 2nd & between shifts. I think I could manage low-mid 11's @120-122 w/slicks. (Maybe low low 11's w/slicks,skinnies & 4.30 gears-keeping it floored between shifts).

i8u

Established Member
Thats fast! I recently sold my 98 cobra vert. It was It had a vortec v-2, 10lbs. of boost,62mm tb, power pipe, intake, subfames, complete salleen racecraft suspension, 3.73 gears, BBk long tubes,BBk h-pipe w/ cats, flowmaster, and more. I MISS IT. I only kept it for about 3 months after mods and never was able to take it to gateway. It made 440 and at the wheels after 3 dyno runs and 3 reburns by vortec. It has been about two months now since since I watched it drive away. I'm now in the process of purchessing an 03 ( warrenty was a big part). I hope it will cure my pain. Have fun with your car and enjoy it. Those year cobras in my opinion are by far the best looking.
Drive it till you brake it... Then fix it and make it faster!!!

Bri'sMystic965

Established Member
Hey Todd,

We PM'd a couple of times on the Corral. Nice going on the new numbers. Sheesh, 119 traps? With some traction you are certainly in the mid to high 11 second territory (w/o driving it like you stole it).

Good luck,
Brian

Last edited:

Wildpony

Established Member
Yeah I tried launching at 2000 rpm and it would kinda bog down. I did okay as far as bogging leaving at 2300-2500, but any higher than that & I broke loose. With slicks I could get up into the higher rpms (& into the boost) off the line. When I have the funds for the better tranny (may try Lidio's 4RW740?? auto conversion),I will put the slicks on & drive it like a man posessed on the current tranny...

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Great times. I know you could get high to mid elevens for sure because I've ran a 12.1 @117 with drag radials, slipping clutch and just a vortech with SHM headers and chip. Good luck and let us know when you break the 11's

Users who are viewing this thread