Ran a member of the AMG family...

REPCobra10

Established Member
and boy was it fun! It happened to be the E55 AMG. We went three times with one of them being from a dig. Anyways, the first was from a dig. Needless to say, he ripped me a new one out of the hole (I have bald Nittos :burnout: ). He must have put about 2 cars on me from the get go but never got more than that. Once I got traction in 2nd gear I started pulling back, and by third I was even with him and then we shut down do to traffic. The next two roll-on races were in my favor of course. We went both times from around 50 mph. Both times I pulled on him instantly all the way up to 120ish, maybe putting 2-3 cars on him. We talked a little afterwards and he was a really cool guy and was very impressed that a "Mustang" in his words, could keep up with his Benz. I'll tell you what though, those AMG's can put up a hell of a fight. They are absolute monsters for being big sedans and such. Anyways, it was an absolute blast running him. All, take it easy.

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
nice runs! AMG is nasty and just wait for their new 63 line (over 500 hp natuarlly aspirated hp in 6.3 litre engines :rolling:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
svt_foci said:
nice runs! AMG is nasty and just wait for their new 63 line (over 500 hp natuarlly aspirated hp in 6.3 litre engines :rolling:

The N/A engines won't be as easy to mod as the current breed of S/C V8s. Fortunately, they're going to continue stuffing the twin-turbo V12s into their top cars :D

TEABG

Banned
svt_foci said:

They will have 500 HP and we will still have Whipple's and KB...... GT500 with a Whipple :idea:

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
man, i ran the same car last year but i was on reg street tires. same thing as you said. once we got rolling i could pull him until we got to high speeds (100 and up) and then we stayed even. from a dig he got me b/c those cars have the best traction control in the business. if i had my D/R on like i do now, i belive i would have stayed out in front all the way. Nice story. Those cars are SLEEPERS!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Here a reprint of my encounter with an AMG 55

I took my 04 Cobra for a stroll around the block today. Heading down Huntington Dr. I notice some high roller in my rear view mirror with some serious trim sitting next to him weaving in and out of traffic in an AMG SL500 who looked like he wanted to make a point :poke: (my maggies and 315's must have cought his attention). There was also an SS Camaro in the mix that was behind us both who seemed like he wanted to be included in what was starting to looking like a confrontation. After a few lights we where both rolling up to a red that suddenly turned green right when we where slowing down to about 10 mph. BANG! we both drop the hammer. Sawing through the gear box this guy is pulling on me by a fairly decent amount for about 1/2 mile before we needed to slow down. Yea he served me up cold :nonono: The SS was a microdot in the mirror.

Considering he's sporting a supercharged AMG and my engine is bone stock I would say the SVT did pretty well. I imagine he thought that a Mustang would be an easy "kill" and was somewhat surprised I hung with him as well as I did. I'm fixing to get me a Kenne Bell which I think would reverse this situation and dole me out some high dollar humiliation. Man I love this car :pepper:

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
SlowSVT said:

I took my 04 Cobra for a stroll around the block today. Heading down Huntington Dr. I notice some high roller in my rear view mirror with some serious trim sitting next to him weaving in and out of traffic in an AMG SL500 who looked like he wanted to make a point :poke: (my maggies and 315's must have cought his attention). There was also an SS Camaro in the mix that was behind us both who seemed like he wanted to be included in what was starting to looking like a confrontation. After a few lights we where both rolling up to a red that suddenly turned green right when we where slowing down to about 10 mph. BANG! we both drop the hammer. Sawing through the gear box this guy is pulling on me by a fairly decent amount for about 1/2 mile before we needed to slow down. Yea he served me up cold :nonono: The SS was a microdot in the mirror.

Considering he's sporting a supercharged AMG and my engine is bone stock I would say the SVT did pretty well. I imagine he thought that a Mustang would be an easy "kill" and was somewhat surprised I hung with him as well as I did. I'm fixing to get me a Kenne Bell which I think would reverse this situation and dole me out some high dollar humiliation. Man I love this car :pepper:

Go with the new Whipple.

DCAN87

Established Member
SlowSVT said:

A SL500 AMG? No such thing. It's either an SL500 or a SL55 AMG, maybe a SL65 AMG. :poke:

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Nice run/kill with the AMG!

I played with one last year with my Cobra. But I had the 4.56 gears and the ET Streets on at the time. I rolled up along side him at a light. When it went green we had at it. I didn't actually launch it with the ET Streets but I only held back for about a micro second because he left the line hard. We were even through first because he got a little jump, then I started pulling in second and then cleared about a car in third. I was running a 75 shot at the time. we pulled over and talked, it was a S55. He was really cool and surprised that I pulled on him until he looked in where the back seat was supposed to be and saw the giggle juice :-D

He said he had plans to up the boost and was having a set of custom headers and exhaust made. Those things are nothing to sneeze at. While you sneeze they are gone.

Yes I know what they are like as opponents so great job pulling on one.

BTW never feel sorry for the big old boat and let them have the lead from a dig because that TC will leave you in their dust. :fart:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
TEABG said:
They will have 500 HP and we will still have Whipple's and KB...... GT500 with a Whipple :idea:

better get new rods while your at it.. otherwise, you'll be looking at an expensive way to air condition your block...

REPCobra10 said:
and boy was it fun! It happened to be the E55 AMG. We went three times with one of them being from a dig. Anyways, the first was from a dig. Needless to say, he ripped me a new one out of the hole (I have bald Nittos :burnout: ). He must have put about 2 cars on me from the get go but never got more than that. Once I got traction in 2nd gear I started pulling back, and by third I was even with him and then we shut down do to traffic. The next two roll-on races were in my favor of course. We went both times from around 50 mph. Both times I pulled on him instantly all the way up to 120ish, maybe putting 2-3 cars on him. We talked a little afterwards and he was a really cool guy and was very impressed that a "Mustang" in his words, could keep up with his Benz. I'll tell you what though, those AMG's can put up a hell of a fight. They are absolute monsters for being big sedans and such. Anyways, it was an absolute blast running him. All, take it easy.

I would hope they are monsters. The things run right around $60,000 new. Imagine what you can do to a Terminator for $60,000??? HMMM.. buy the car for around $23,000 and have an extra $37,000 to spend on mods!! I can only imagine... ::drifiting off:: oh wait.. i gotta get back to work..

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
VegasSVTWanted said:
I would hope they are monsters. The things run right around $60,000 new. Imagine what you can do to a Terminator for $60,000??? HMMM.. buy the car for around $23,000 and have an extra $37,000 to spend on mods!! I can only imagine... ::drifiting off:: oh wait.. i gotta get back to work..

Actually it is more money than that.
http://www.mbusa.com/models/body-style-overview.do?body=highPerformance

The E55 is $82,575 469 hp 516 lb-ft
The SL55 is $125,775 493 hp 516 lb-ft
The SL65 is $185,775 604 hp 738 lb-ft

The one I raced last year was a S55 coupe ~$115,000 493 hp 516 lb-ft

Users who are viewing this thread