Ran a 5.0 tonight in my new C6 GS LS3.......

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I have seem bad drivers on the street too. See my post days ago about that. haha There is no excuses like "He was in a better gear than me" or "We needed to go from a faster speed" or any of that stuff. The track rack is very fair and equal.

I am sure of my driving skills. I would bet Brian is confident in his as well. Should be no problem racing at the track. Right Brian? I want to see the GS drag me down the track. I don't mind staring at such a purdy car.

I agree but roll racing doesnt carry as bad of a outcome for the poorer driver as the track.

86merc

Established Member
I hear more excuses from roll racers than track racers.

I feel the unworthy should be feel embarrassment for their poor skills so they have motivation to become better.

Or am I too harsh? lol

No really, I fell we have become to soft and allow substandard performance to be accepted. Heck may times even rewarded. People need to be whipped into shape. And of course I am talking more than driving here. Society in general. But that sure includes people who can't even drive a car properly. And trust me, I see hundreds of them every day! bwahahaha

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
A car with out a driver is worthless. What does that make a car with a bad driver?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Is he really making excuses for not being able to drive? If someone gives you your race give them their race whether its from a dig or slow roll.

86merc

Established Member
Is he really making excuses for not being able to drive? If someone gives you your race give them their race whether its from a dig or slow roll.

Just so we are clear as to whom you are talking about? lol

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I feel the unworthy should be feel embarrassment for their poor skills so they have motivation to become better.

Or am I too harsh? lol

No really, I fell we have become to soft and allow substandard performance to be accepted. Heck may times even rewarded. People need to be whipped into shape. And of course I am talking more than driving here. Society in general. But that sure includes people who can't even drive a car properly. And trust me, I see hundreds of them every day! bwahahaha

I totally agree but performance also doesnt stop at the 1/4 mile my friend.

A car with out a driver is worthless. What does that make a car with a bad driver?

Again, i totally agree.

Just so we are clear as to whom you are talking about? lol

I think cupcake there is referencing me, but unfortunately for him reading comprehension owns him. Lol...

86merc

Established Member
I totally agree but performance also doesnt stop at the 1/4 mile my friend.

Well there are places like the standing mile for that I guess. As well as road courses and other venues. I am not against roll racing in general. But I am against doing it a whole lot myself. Especially in the capri where I am excessively exceeding the speed limit in a matter of seconds. Not worth it to me.

and LOL at the last comment.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Well there are places like the standing mile for that I guess. As well as road courses and other venues. I am not against roll racing in general. But I am against doing it a whole lot myself. Especially in the capri where I am excessively exceeding the speed limit in a matter of seconds. Not worth it to me.

and LOL at the last comment.

Im sure with your above statement you can understand why highway rolls are a big part of racing. To some of us its worth the risk as long ad we are prudent about it.

86merc

Established Member
Ya, 1000+hp on the street is serious. And questionably stupid. haha So I keep the go fast pedal far from the floor most of the time. lol

SicShelby09

Banned
Ya, 1000+hp on the street is serious. And questionably stupid. haha So I keep the go fast pedal far from the floor most of the time. lol

Pratt you got a race, street or track. Angel too. I have never been afraid of racing, even if I know Im going to loose. Its just fun no matter what. And yes for the record I thought I was going to rape that 5.0. But I'll take the tie. I know those cars are dope with almost no mods. But so is the LS3 manual vettes. So we are going to see whats up, and then in fall Im going to pull the trigger on a cam and headers and supporting mods.

I was thinking about hitting Byron this fathers day with the camaro 5thgen club. If you guys wanna head up there then, I will most likely be there. Or we all need to meet at Woodfield and run on 90 either way. I know the state patrols are almost down to nothing.

But man I want a rematch so bad. I cant wait.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Pratt you got a race, street or track. Angel too. I have never been afraid of racing, even if I know Im going to loose. Its just fun no matter what. And yes for the record I thought I was going to rape that 5.0. But I'll take the tie. I know those cars are dope with almost no mods. But so is the LS3 manual vettes. So we are going to see whats up, and then in fall Im going to pull the trigger on a cam and headers and supporting mods.

I was thinking about hitting Byron this fathers day with the camaro 5thgen club. If you guys wanna head up there then, I will most likely be there. Or we all need to meet at Woodfield and run on 90 either way. I know the state patrols are almost down to nothing.

But man I want a rematch so bad. I cant wait.

Get it on video

86merc

Established Member
Good luck Sunday. I have plans already and the weather looks like it is going to be warm again. blah. Good luck and post up your times.

And I will hopefully see you in "Mexico" lol

SVTeveN

SVT
Established Member

Or am I too harsh? lol

You talk like you drive a 10 second car... lol, but i guess it's hard to drive a 12.5 second car?

86merc

Established Member
You talk like you drive a 10 second car... lol, but i guess it's hard to drive a 12.5 second car?

You know nothing about me or the cars I own(ed). But I will tell you this, I have ran done more with less compared to a lot of people. I don't care what I am driving, I put a whole lot of effort to better myself while driving it.

Drivers input means a lot. A good example is a car that has been talked about a lot on this forum lately. The ZL1. Car is capable of 11 second passes stock. But yet we see videos of guys running mid 13s. Obviously not the cars fault. So we should applaud the driver for his efforts in taking that car to a 13 second ET? I think not. If the guy can learn to get the car to high 11s then I would applaud him or his efforts. Heck, even if he improved well into the 12s I would give him credit for doing so.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
sic you seem like a good sport, can't wait to see the vids. Itll be no excuses from either driver but i hope you lose lol no offense! I want you to regret selling your mustang haha

86merc

Established Member
Different cars. I think he is quite happy with the vette regardless. And when he adds cams, tune and so on the Vette will get even quicker. I doubt that will make him dislike the vette. haha

SicShelby09

Banned
Yeah this thing is going to be a beast. Actually I think the ECS(east coast supercharging) guys have talked me into another blower...lol 600rwhp with just the kit for $6500 installed and tuned.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Follow up***********

I raced zyborg in his c5z06 with intake, full exhaust and tune against my 13 GT with tune only, lost by about a bus or so lol maybe more...Zyborg's car is beast and he is super cool peoples:beer:

SicShelby09

Banned
Follow up***********

I raced zyborg in his c5z06 with intake, full exhaust and tune against my 13 GT with tune only, lost by about a bus or so lol maybe more...Zyborg's car is beast and he is super cool peoples:beer:

Nobody beats Zyborg, nobody.

burnzilla

Established Member
This got ugly quick.
Original post is good thanks for sharing.
Although the (430hp) 2012 Corvette will handle a new 5.0 (stock for stock), as will a C5 Z06.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread