Ran a 5.0 tonight in my new C6 GS LS3.......

SicShelby09

Banned
And you will all be happy to know it was dead nuts even from a 20 roll to like 130. We both started in 1st, and both spun and hooked at the same time. But his shifts came up way quicker than mine. He must have had the 3.73 gears. His only mods that I could tell were muffler deletes. We didnt stop and talk after. He had buddies following him, and they all turned off before I could get over to join them. I can only hope he had a tune or tune/CAI because honestly this doesnt make any sense. My car is 436hp, 420tq and nearly 3300lbs. We all know the stats on the 5.0. Also I can say I was powershifting, so the driver mod is the only mod my car has. Otherwise its bone stock down to the paper filter. I wish I was able to get his mods. But either way, it was a great race. And I know my car is fast. Shit, I can keep up with the mighty 5.0 mustang......lol

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
I ran a ls3 c6 from a 40 roll when i first bought my car. I was stock down to the filter and was even with him until we let out at 120. Then i got a tune the next week and have yet to run into one again since. It's definatly a drivers race stock vs. stock

t01lightning

Established Member
Very cool of you to post. Slot of people are so rediculous about brand loyalty and are never honest when it comes to races like this. Im sure he had a tune , post pics of your car and I thought the vettes were 3100 no driver or is that only z06 s?

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
I ran a ls2 c6 from a 40 roll when i first bought my car. I was stock down to the filter and was even with him until we let out at 120. Then i got a tune the next week and have yet to run into one again since. It's definatly a drivers race stock vs. stock

Edit* Sorry about the typo. The car i ran was 06-07 which i think had the ls2.

SicShelby09

Banned
good race. how are you liking the corvette?

Loving it. The attention it gets is awesome. And man it feels fast. Smooth as silk to drive too. No trans issues to deal with. It just rips. But that race was awesome. It really was a drivers race. And he was good too. No missed shifts, and they were fast shifts. So I think we both put out all we had.

We did get a second short burst. I started in 2nd and he in 1st. He jumped a half car on me at the start and I held him there to letting off at around 100. That one I should have started in 1st and Im sure it would have ended the same and the first race. EVEN>

o2gt

Established Member
sounds good i was thinking about a c6 before i ordered my mustang. i might do the corvette next time, just was not ready to give the mustang up yet.

slidai

Established Member
I was at the best buy parking lot the other day and saw a new candy red grand sport roll by that looked to be right off the showroom floor. The driver proceeded to park, got out, gingerly I might add, and to my surprise (being sarcastic), the driver was an old man in his middle 50's to early 60's looking about as cheesy as you can imagine. He looked around to see if anyone was looking at him. I thought, yep, that's about right :loser:. All he was missing was a popped collar that said "POPPED" with the collar turned up. Correction, he did have his collar popped. I visibly pointed at him and laughed so he could see and hear. I then went into best buy to see what my product from Amazon would look like after it arrived in the mail.

I actually like corvettes but would never own one for fear of being "that guy". Which, consequently, I truly believe happens to all corvette owners and they don't even realize it.

twistedneck

Established Member
Great race story Sic shelby. its on the top end where the vette would pull away due to its superior power to weight ratio, lower CG, and gearing, as you know us Mustangs are limited on top end unless you have the 3:15 gears.

quick comment on stang's lack of top speed gearing
--------------------
Even with 3.15 gears a mustang w 18" wheels and 26.7" tire OD would only manage 184 MPH at 7300 rpm. with a 3.73 gear that down to 155 mph. 6th gear with a 3.73 is 239 mph - showing that its pointless, and the drive shaft spins to quick anyway.
---------------------

corvette is capable of 199mph with 3.42 gears, 0.74 5th gear and 26" tires.

hand-filer

Established Member
I was at the best buy parking lot the other day and saw a new candy red grand sport roll by that looked to be right off the showroom floor. The driver proceeded to park, got out, gingerly I might add, and to my surprise (being sarcastic), the driver was an old man in his middle 50's to early 60's looking about as cheesy as you can imagine. He looked around to see if anyone was looking at him. I thought, yep, that's about right :loser:. All he was missing was a popped collar that said "POPPED" with the collar turned up. Correction, he did have his collar popped. I visibly pointed at him and laughed so he could see and hear. I then went into best buy to see what my product from Amazon would look like after it arrived in the mail.

I actually like corvettes but would never own one for fear of being "that guy". Which, consequently, I truly believe happens to all corvette owners and they don't even realize it.

You're the man!:rockon:

oman svt

Established Member
I ran my friends 2010 LS3 auto, his car is stock and i have cai/sct livernois tune and mufflers... i got him from every speed even from a dig i was surprised.. but after a week a raced another ls3 6mt with full exhaust intake and tune i could only keep up when the vette was spinning, it was really fast!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
And you will all be happy to know it was dead nuts even from a 20 roll to like 130. We both started in 1st, and both spun and hooked at the same time. But his shifts came up way quicker than mine. He must have had the 3.73 gears. His only mods that I could tell were muffler deletes. We didnt stop and talk after. He had buddies following him, and they all turned off before I could get over to join them. I can only hope he had a tune or tune/CAI because honestly this doesnt make any sense. My car is 436hp, 420tq and nearly 3300lbs. We all know the stats on the 5.0. Also I can say I was powershifting, so the driver mod is the only mod my car has. Otherwise its bone stock down to the paper filter. I wish I was able to get his mods. But either way, it was a great race. And I know my car is fast. Shit, I can keep up with the mighty 5.0 mustang......lol

Now you know why camaro guys are upset they cant run with 5.0's. our cars get the power to the ground. our tranny's are geared better and with my mods i can walk a 2012 grand sport manual. How do i know this, i work for a chevy dealer and i driven that car many times...

5.0jake

Established Member

The vette should have walked, he had to be modded...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you just got a turd.... lol

Just kidding man.... Where in the midwest are you?

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
The vette should have walked, he had to be modded...

Thats what Im thinking too. The car pulled very hard and we were trading bumpers for the lead on every shift. His car would pull me, then he would drop back on the shift and I would pull a bumper. Then it would even out when I shifted. I was VERY surprised to say the least. I dont know what happened, but my vette truly feels faster than the 5.0 I had. The true test will be at the track to see what mph I can run. My best in the mustang was 116.98 which is basicly 117. I think stock LS3 vettes are good for 115-116 but we will see. Either way, Im not butthurt. That was super fun last night, and my car has a shit-ton of mods I can pickup for less than $1k that will take this car to a full bolton 5.0 status. And if I can do it myself, I can save a ton on the cam and get the car to the high 400's at the tire. At this car's weight, it will be a monster making 475 at the tire. Thats more than stock Z06's make. Time will see where I can go with it. The bank account(and wife) are still bitter about the vette pruchase.....lol Its going to be next spring before I will be "allowed" to get more for my car than just tints and a car wash....... Gotta love being married!!

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You should be able to squeeze out 118-120mph traps out of your stock Ls3... Good luck and let us know how it goes...

Users who are viewing this thread