Raise your hand if you love your SHELBY!!!

SVTKen

Established Member
I love mine! I can't wait for warmer weather when I can really start to push it. It's got a very special feel to it, from the comfortable Recaro seats and sueded steering wheel to the excellent cue ball shifter that fits my hand perfectly. It has a tremendous amount of performance and I love the Ford Sync and NAV system. The power and torque available is astounding. The most power I've ever had in a car before the shelby is my old Procharged '97 SVT Cobra, and it "only" had 420 whp (and even less torque). People talk more about power than anything else, but the first thing you will notice when you drive the Shelby is the torque. I honestly wasn't wasn't prepared for the surge of torque I felt on my first 2nd gear pull. It's something you have to feel for yourself.

Last edited:

GT500662

Established Member
I agree with SVTKen...there is nothing like a second gear pull going up a long on ramp. The surge is out of this world, for a street car. I love mine. 7/6/12 1400 miles

sandlizard

Established Member
**Warning objects in mirror may seem to be getting smaller
3rd gear is scary fast, how fast you ask ? enterprise warp speed fast
no joke I would never lie to you honest :lol1:

Dave G

Established Member
I love my Shelby...it's an animal! Driving one is truly a visceral experience.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Underpowered, uncomfortable, hassle for a daily driver, lacks creature comforts, shifter is garbage, visually unappealing, generally unrewarding to drive even spiritedly

All ways I tend not to describe it.

SVTKen

Established Member
**Warning objects in mirror may seem to be getting smaller
3rd gear is scary fast, how fast you ask ? enterprise warp speed fast
no joke I would never lie to you honest :lol1:

I agree with the 3rd gear statement. I've actually been afraid to use 3rd gear because the streets have been so cold here in MD. The first day temps hit the 70s I'm taking a day off work!

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Yes! Why yes I do Love my Shelby! 8 months, 3k miles and puts a smile on my face before I even get in to drive!
500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread