Radiator for cobra

camp upshur

Established Member
Racebronco2

A little confused here, which hood is the one currently proposed, the one with two enhanced ports or the one with the louvered panels?

thanks

racebronco2

Established Member
Racebronco... what were the parameters and conditions you used to confirm the 10 - 15 degree drop in temp? If the hood really drop engine temps by that much.. I am so in!

One other question, that 00R wing and splitter.. where did you get those from. Those are the next mods to my car after the cage is completed this month.

I based it on prior track events which i datalogged and running with other cobra's on the track with similar mods. I push my car harder then most of my friends so it might actually be more for someone not so agressive. These are several cobra's with ported blower with 3.10 pulleys, tune cat-back, bigger tb's but stock gears. One cobra has an 8lb lower, cat-back, tune, sct2800 and 4.10's just like me. He dyno'd at 502hp and i had about 460hp but due to the weight difference our cars were just as fast on the straights. Do a search "racebronco2" and you will see i was able to run in 108* weather with a 3.10 and not going into limp mode, the average speed on that track was 90mph with speeds up to 140+.

racebronco2

Established Member
Plan on shipping two to the right (east) coast, where does the line form?

There are already 4 people whom have already told me they want them so that makes 6 now.

Racebronco...
One other question, that 00R wing and splitter.. where did you get those from. Those are the next mods to my car after the cage is completed this month.

The wing a bought it off of craigs list for 125.00. The splitter i made out of abs plastic 1/4 thick but doubled it up on the leading edge (1/4 was 100.00 but 1/2 was 260.00). At this time the splitter does not provide and downforce. I need to fab up some angle piece that go from the splitter into the 2 lower grill opening, that will give me downforce and added cooling.

Are those 10th anniversary wheels?

Yes they are my street tires.

Racebronco2

A little confused here, which hood is the one currently proposed, the one with two enhanced ports or the one with the louvered panels?

thanks

The gray one with the lowered hood vents.

Maynor

Established Member
There are already 4 people whom have already told me they want them so that makes 6 now.

The wing a bought it off of craigs list for 125.00. The splitter i made out of abs plastic 1/4 thick but doubled it up on the leading edge (1/4 was 100.00 but 1/2 was 260.00). At this time the splitter does not provide and downforce. I need to fab up some angle piece that go from the splitter into the 2 lower grill opening, that will give me downforce and added cooling.

Count one more for the east coast if the price is reasonable. Thanks for the feedback on the spoiler/splitter.

Maynor

Established Member
One more thought occurred to me... the temp relief is a big positive with the hood vents but wouldn't front end lift markedly increase as a result of the re-directed flow??

Are we solving one problem but creating another (potentially) more dangerous one?

racebronco2

Established Member
One more thought occurred to me... the temp relief is a big positive with the hood vents but wouldn't front end lift markedly increase as a result of the re-directed flow??

Are we solving one problem but creating another (potentially) more dangerous one?

I had a conversation with a well known aix racer, here is a quote from him when i was talking to him about making the opening bigger " if you make the opening bigger you will end up with too much turbulence,you need to add louvers. You will get a little better cooling and thru our testing it creates downforce.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Is there any thought that by letting air out via the hood vents you are actually reducing the pressure under it? Thefore reducing the possibility of lift of the front end?

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I actually called Tiger about that hood some time ago, but they mentioned there was no method designed into it for mounting to the factory locations, and would have to be pinned down in four locations. I didn't really want to bother with it as I didn't want to be fabricating a new fastening scheme for it.

{.....imagining what Carlos' hood will look like in Sonic Blue}

Last edited:

BlackStripes

Established Member
I talked to Paul and he told me that what i could do is fabricate a small "square tubing", bolt it to the factory latch and then bolt it to the hood, they would even put double layer of CF at those points to be stronger. Obviously you would be able to see the bolts with the hood closed... but at least you wouldn't need to take the whole thing off all the time.

racebronco2

Established Member
Is there any thought that by letting air out via the hood vents you are actually reducing the pressure under it? Thefore reducing the possibility of lift of the front end?

Ok, i guess i will tell you the aix racers i talked to is paul from tiger racing (since you already brought up his name). As a stated earlier " thru our testing it creates downforce", meaning tiger racing's testing.

Users who are viewing this thread