Racing seat options.. Recaros vs. corbeaus

toomnymods

Established Member
I know the Recaros are like 2.5x the price of the LG1 microsuede black corbeaus i have been looking at. But I'm wondering is the quality that much diffrent on the recaros? Does the material not fade or wear as easily? I'm a big guy and probably will always be around 240-250lbs. So I need a Large frame racing seat not made for a toothpick.
What other options are there? I hate to skimp out and buy the cheapest thing and end up having to replace it 2 years down the line because they have holes in the seat..

RIPN

Established Member
Looks you answered your question lol. Dude you haven't skimped on anything looking at what you have (HOT DAMN) I say get those nice recaros! I have em and really like them.

q6543

Established Member
Just my personal experience.....the recaros are very blah.
my base gt cloth seats hold tighter than my bros leather recaros, and his bolsters are showing wear pretty bad for 2 years old.

I realise this is not a popular opinion and I was super hyped when he got a recaro car, but it's not what people would lead you to believe.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
the main reason I have ruled out Corbeau's is because there is no censor for the airbags. Easiest way I've heard how to get rid of it is via tuner I believe. I think you can get some censor made to get rid of the dash light, but I'm not sure how easy they are to find/install (haven't looked into it for awhile). And I've heard that if you get in a car accident and insurance finds out that aftermarket seats and disabled the seat airbag, that things will not go well.

Farrell5.0

Established Member
For what it's worth, I have the micro-suede lg1's in my fox (not the wide version, I'm a small guy) and I love them, excellent bolster, gives me a "hugging" feeling. I can't speak on wear because they've only been in the car just over a year with minimal mileage.

toomnymods

Established Member
My car is mainly a weekend toy and might see 3-4k miles a year. So I guess this might have some effect on this as well and is garage kept 100% the time..

Farrell5.0

Established Member
My car is mainly a weekend toy and might see 3-4k miles a year. So I guess this might have some effect on this as well and is garage kept 100% the time..

Unless you can sit in each to see for yourself which you prefer, I say go for the corbeau to save yourself some money. I have a hard time believing the quality of a recaro over a corbeau is two fold, but that's just my opinion. You're getting a "good name" either way.

liter of cola

Established Member
Those are pretty bad ass looking.. Id probably have to lose 50 lbs to fit into them though, lol

lol, yeah I couldn't tell you how tight they are I havnt tried them yet. but they put them in a lot of cars from the factory so they couldn't be too bad.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You get what you pay for......

Corbeaus are junk at best. If you ever pull one apart and see how they are built, you will never own one. Seats are a very important part of safety and keeping you in one place, I wouldn't skimp on something you have to be in 100% of the time you drive.

Just my $.02

scott_0

Established Member
Last edited:

ModBargains

Established Member
SAFETY is the most important part, which is why if you like the quality of the Recaros but the pricing of Corbeau then a good compromise would be Sparco. I use Sparco on my car which is FIA certified for safety so you know you're getting a good product that will keep you safe, comfortable but at a more reasonable price.

RusWolf

Established Member
Wish we had option for the seats WITH airbags.. and i think the only option for those that want to retain their AB's other than recaros would be to get TMI seat covers that come with extra padding. After all said and done they will look pretty decent.
with no airbags you can look at brands such as sparco, bride, racetech etc etc..

Users who are viewing this thread