racing (kind of) in Toledo

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
Just a note while out running around in Toledo last night.

Corvettes, at least newer model years, don't seem to give a crap about racing and appear to have a condescending attitude towards the nicer cars such as Cobras.
I have never gotten one to race yet. I'm stock, he could do OK.

Mid 90's beat up grand prix will race till his car falls apart but I had to keep letting him catch up to do it again. The kid was all over it. What a goof!
Anthony Wayne Trail outside of Maumee is a really good race road.

That is the same road the two Cobras and an SRT were racing on the video, right?
Probably patrolled hard in the summer months?

Suburu WRX cars, at least the one I found, are quick. Don't know how fast since always running out of room, but quick in first and second. Way too dark and crowded to go his speeds for this old (but fantascally immature) guy. 80 to 90mph on Lewis Avenue and Sterns Road in Michigan and he was just driving stupid in and out of cars and passing in double yellows.
Just had to back it off.
Appears after second gear it would be over, but I do have to say he had some quickness and handling. Ricer or not they do live up to the press at the bottom end.
No good starts from stops though. All rolling and never bumpber to bumper rolls. If he got the jump, he always pulled away in first, even in second he was not losing ground, just not gaining any.

Need to get him on Telegraph Road on the Michigan line to get to third gear to see if he had anything, or just quick in traffic.

I hoping to meet up with a buick century next time out!!

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
If you're dying to race come out Friday @ Janney's Ace.
You can whoop everyone out there.
It's winter beater racing this upcoming week.

Dasmopar rules as follows.

1. Must have a KKB rating of less than 2001 dollars in fair condition. if it is in poor condition I don't think you should be driving it.

2. must have heat and seats.

3 Must be a winter only car, if it is the back up ride sometimes in the summer due to breakage thats cool.

4. we will need pics to prove it's worthless.

This is Dasmopower's alternate SRT-4
saturn007.jpg

91 saturn
135,500 miles.
KKB values it as 975 private party. in fiar condition.

And he says it rips.

JP :burnout:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
lol woop everything

i got the neon and its on winter tires soon.

if your going over 35 mph your done nothing short of atlest 550+hp cobra's on good tires even have a chance

:)

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
Ace on Alexis and Secor?
Those must be real winter beaters if you only race the length of the parking lot!!!!!

Also, I should be able to bring the Cobra. You guys may have pictures of winter beaters, but probably all pumped up since you all build your cars. The saturn looks to have 35 horsepower at least and could probably still beat my poor old stock Cobra.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
vector said:
lol woop everything

i got the neon and its on winter tires soon.

if your going over 35 mph your done nothing short of atlest 550+hp cobra's on good tires even have a chance

:)

Sorry Jeff you know the rules. :shrug:

1. Must have a KKB rating of less than 2001 dollars in fair condition. if it is in poor condition I don't think you should be driving it.

And Brad the SRT Jeff drives will whoooooop you. :p
I'll bring the Cobra out and show the SSSSSSSSSNAKE whats up and maybe get a little Neon action as well. :poke:

JP

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
Dont be changing the rules on me now. I finally have a chance to win a race and you are going to bring out the big guns.
Sorry buddy, but you guys put your cars up for the winter, and I'm certain (almost) that I can whip your saturn or that white piece of nonsense shown in the pic.

And furthermore, putting snow tires on the srt DOES NOT, make it a winter beater all the sudden. I've heard stories about that SRT and I fully expect not to beat it, but the white saturn is mine, I'll own it, and brag about it.
The only thing ripped about that car is the seats!! SO THERE!

The sssssnakes not ssssscared of any, and I mean any, winter beater. I'm serious!!!!
Bring the pink slips big boys, just don't bring the big toys.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
bnmestrouse said:
The sssssnakes not ssssscared of any, and I mean any, winter beater. I'm serious!!!!

You will have to get the poink slip from my Mom.
You wouldn't stoop that low would you? :rollseyes
And you are correct the seats in my Saturn are ripped.LOL

JP

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
bnmestrouse said:
Dont be changing the rules on me now. I finally have a chance to win a race and you are going to bring out the big guns.
Sorry buddy, but you guys put your cars up for the winter, and I'm certain (almost) that I can whip your saturn or that white piece of nonsense shown in the pic.

And furthermore, putting snow tires on the srt DOES NOT, make it a winter beater all the sudden. I've heard stories about that SRT and I fully expect not to beat it, but the white saturn is mine, I'll own it, and brag about it.
The only thing ripped about that car is the seats!! SO THERE!

no biggy man i was just trying to call out any cobra's that might still be out and about.

so what do you got for white lighting(aka the saturn)

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
Dear Vector,

Probably a Yugo. You may want to put some race fuel in "white lightening", but it
sounds like you've been drinking "white lightening" not driving it.

If the weather is good, Cobra coming out. If the weather is bad, F250 turbodiesel.

If the weather is really bad, F250, but meet somewhere else for further trash talk, or most likely just see everyone at the Star Diner, 10:30 Saturday for the biggest trash talk day of the year, when Michigan ruins all hope for the Buckeyes!! GO BLUE.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
dang well a yugo ant going to get it done
turbo diesel $$$$$
f250 $$$$

lol hope to see ya saturday
vector

bucks > who?

oh and did nt you get your free vector decoder ring?

Last edited:

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
The F250 is supplied by my company so those $$$ don't count.

And yes, I do suppose that the mod. squad does have the Saturn built beyond my Cobra, but since rules don't allow me to bring it due to $$$, we will never know. Sounds like a smooth way to back down for the Saturn Rocket, but I understand.

And did I mention, GO BLUE!! It's a big day! Huge day! Takin the bucks down day!
In the end, I hope Penn State wins their game also.
Bucks linebackers a real threat. Those boys are fast and mean.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
vector said:
no biggy man i was just trying to call out any cobra's that might still be out and about.

i got your HUCKLEBERRY !

one of the few from the track outings that isnt stripped or broke !!!

sbrook15

Established Member
i got a car that is 34 years old. does that count? i mean that old how much could it be worth? :D

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
FS MACH 1 said:
i got your HUCKLEBERRY !

one of the few from the track outings that isnt stripped or broke !!!

i hope its got the bottle on it :pepper: :banana: :nono: :dw:

I need a Stang

Established Member
bnmestrouse said:
And did I mention, GO BLUE!! It's a big day! Huge day! Takin the bucks down day!
In the end, I hope Penn State wins their game also.
Bucks linebackers a real threat. Those boys are fast and mean.

GO BUCKS

I think the Michigan game will be a real good one. Ohio State and Michigan always duke it out to see who is on the top and who wins the conference. It will stay close and be a good one till the very end. Hawk and Carpenter will have the field on lock on D, and Troy Smith, Ginn, Holmes, and whoever else the Bucks choose to use on O will prove as a +. The Bucks just need to keep switching it up so that Michigan cant figure out their strategy

Last edited:

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
damn vector... what kinda turbo do you have on your srt? was your 121 trap run done on pump gas? sheeetz.. how does it feel compared to your cobra? I bet the torque from the turbo hits a lot harder initially than the whipple huh?

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
ilumo said:
damn vector... what kinda turbo do you have on your srt? was your 121 trap run done on pump gas? sheeetz.. how does it feel compared to your cobra? I bet the torque from the turbo hits a lot harder initially than the whipple huh?

its just a 50 trim, all the other bolt ons that go with that. tuned alot by me

never ran the car on pump gas only lots of mixxed 94/110 i just like the extra safty race gas gives.

on 20/21 psi on 94 it will keep pace nicely with 500+ hp cobras or cobra's trapping 120-123.

the car is setup to run as much as 26 psi

last runs at the track where early september or well thats where the times came from. i should have ran it the last 2 weeks here but just wasnt in the mood.

I think its #15 on the fastest times list on the srt forums

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
damn crapy forum they need to get on the ball and fix this making me double post.

cant wait for it to be back to normal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread