Racing at MIR and GEICO insured read this...

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
You'd think they would be happy you're racing at the track instead of on the street. No liability. Everyone signs the waiver. It's no different than jumping light to light. What's next. They sit on every corner and wait for someone to get a holeshot? Give me a break. They need to go after the fraud guys and leave us alone. Peace out.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I'm still with them and was when we went to MIR 2 weekends ago... Good thing they didn't/haven't seen me... I don't care if they do really, because Progressive has just as nice of a rate for me at the moment :-D

Sounds like next time, I'm taking off my plates. :thumbsup:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That's a crock. Wouldn't they have to prove you were actually the one driving it? That does seem like quite a waste of time to me....people racing on the street are far more likely to issue an accident claim that someone on a race track.

USAA doesn't care if I take my car to the track, however, if I damage it there, it's not covered.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Btw, sean, MIR will probably stop you from running if they notice you don't have tags..that's one of the requrements to make a pass in any of the "street car" classes.

cyphergirl

Established Member
Originally posted by WraithCobra
GEICO reps were at MIR taking plate numbers then canceling policies. This was back in May but watch your backs...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130471

I had been considering switching over to them -- we have two cars, two motorcycles and an airplane, plus homeowners, life insurance, liability, and personal articles policies. We're pretty big insurance consumers.

I called them last night to let them know why I'll never switch, no matter how low their rates are. I refuse to do business with a company that is screwing my potential clients.

F--- 'em.

:fm:

04Torchvert

Established Member
Look into esurance I have them they can't be beat for pricing and I heard they are good with claims. I know they are not going to be there lol

Users who are viewing this thread