Racing and your Warranty

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I just LOVE the ambiguous way Ford says, "no, SVT wont void your warranty for racing unless we deem that abuse on the track caused it."

I just love it.
Now, mind you, if the tire loses traction for a quarter of an inch, they consider that to be abuse...and if you miss a shift and over rev the engine...thats' abuse too....and if you should happen to sneeze during an SVTOA event, that's abuse....etc.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Originally posted by ShelbyGuy
also consider the insurance claim you'd file if you stuffed your car into the tire barrier at 140mph. yeah they might fix your car but I bet you get dropped the following term.

Don't laugh too soon, a guy did that at VIR a couple of weeks ago. (at the SVTOA event...)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's pretty much understood that Ford can and will void warrantees for pretty much anything related to racing or modding. Some dealers will work with you better than others, but as soon as the SVT representative gets involved it's an uphill battle as some on this forum will attest to.

Basically if you mod or race you take your chances. All they have to do is deem that the racing action (even rubber inside the fenderwells) or mod(s) contributed to the accident/problem and you're on your own. Darn them for making these cars so easy to mod and fun to race! LOL!

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Well what does ford expect when they make a 390HP supercharged cobra.... People arent going to race them and have some fun with them?... But as soon as something goes wrong they wont cover it?

Users who are viewing this thread