Race/ Track cars for sale?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I can verify the logbook when I come to repo #99 ;-)
Bill,
You sold that car at too much of a good buddy deal. You may not want the #99 back after Gary drives it. He stuck that Grand-Am Cup into the wall (backwards :-D) at Savannah. He still blames the tires. :shrug:

He almost killed his co-driver in Mexico.

GJMa.gif

GJMb.gif

GJMc.gif

GJMd.gif

There is a good reason that he hasn't driven my car.........:D

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I Can't Help Myself.......I'm Always In A Hurry :burnout:
Yep, no one else could destroy a car by nailing it where it says "The Collision Center". :thumbsup:

It was you that gave Dick directions at WG last summer?
WG2012e.jpg

WG2012c.gif

WG2012d.gif

How much do you need to get for that old wrecked 1966 Fastback? I know it's in your shop. :read:

Established Member
God, you guys are brutal. I'm pretty sure I can get you into a "slightly dented" real 95 R on the cheap. Stan and I took it for a minor offtrack at the silverstate. Looks like you are comfortable doing some bodywork.

Steve

GJMCAR98

MOTOROLA MAN
Established Member
I've only wrecked three cars in 15 years of serious vintage racing and Doc just happens to have pictures of all of them :nono: I don't crash often but when I do it's usually very BIG......also, I don't take full credit for that Carrera Car since the route book was marked wrong :read:. I just heard that they had 4 deaths in that event this year so that's very sad news. We're pretty good at fixing them 598. If you look close at that Carrera car it even buckled the dash in that car. It also twisted the pedals, buckled the floors and twisted the driveshaft tunnel but I fixed that car and was taking it back to Mexico in 2010 when a small illness side tracked that trip. I stress to everyone that you build a racecar like you expect to crash it. I really beleive That attitude kept that Mexico car from killing me or my Co-Pilot. That car had one Hell of a cage in it and it twisted it like a pretzel. Doc doesen't like to tell anyone about him knocking the engine out of a Porsche up at VIR a few years ago. Ask him who missed the same car he ran into :beer:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Thanks Don,
It happened quickly. I woke up Monday and read the paper. Then I read your email. It took me all of five seconds to respond. :-D

I tried to buy a 95R back in 1995 to convert to a race car. It didn't happen. I still collected magazines and information that I found on the car.

I bought my 95R #113 around 11 years ago from an ad on Corral.net. It was 1 of 2 in NY. I towed a trailer up to Buffalo, NY and towed it home the next day. Then I later joined here.

I've been writing notes in my Cobra R file ever since. :-D I attended the Cobra R convention at Autobahn and then the very small group at Watkins Glen. I've shared a bottle of wine with FastFred (one of the fastest 00R's).

I've made a lot of good friends.

Don did exactly what I have done in a restoration. Thanks, Don. I plan to leave his name on the car and add mine. Snipes had it 8 years, Don owned it 8 years, and I hope to have it for 8 years.

And thanks for the congratulations from you guys.

Doc,

Glad you got this car. I put Don in contact with Chuck back before I picked up the wrecked chassis. I like to think I had a hand in this transaction as well. I like that car!

Tom

Last edited:

JohnW#88

Established Member
Anything new out there FS?

I've missed two outstanding opportunities on retired race cars lately (non-ford issue) so I'm lickin my wounds.

Don't ask... really bummed.

:shrug:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Anything new out there FS?
Yes John,

You should start a new thread.

Gary has a Camaro with $65K of improvements (including paperwork) FS on eBay for $13K (he'd go to $11K). He got it in a trade, but it is fast (OK--and ugly--it's a Camaro).

Chip has my old logbook 1994 Cobra FS. {I'd buy it back except that Gary--Gary Jones Motorsport-- is now rebuilding my old 1965 Mustang}.

Gary is taking three 1995 Cobra R's to VIR this weekend for the Gold Cup. He is taking four to Texas next month. They are doing some serious shock testing at CMP in a 95R with one of the area's best shock dyno guys. Wes is known for his work with suspensions when not racing a Nascar truck. "Handling will win more races than horsepower".

I think that Gary has two in his shop in various stages of completion. :-D

He will do a trade.

JohnW#88

Established Member
Thanks, yep I knew the GJM cars were out there.

I do have two others on my radar... one fish I though got away and swam back. Just a lot of coin and would need 20K more.

I/ we could start a new race car FS thread, but I though this one already had a lot of great content.

I do have historic collector race car questions that I need help with, so I'll start a new thread. I'd appreciate your perspective.

Over to the new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread