Race Cobra R Warm Up

TimB

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfeZndDpEM8"]Wayne Johnson - Brown Bros Racing Cobra R Warm up - YouTube[/nomedia]

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have a picture of that car saved on my computer.. no joke I would sell just about everything I own to have that car. That thing is soooo sick!!

67bigblock

Established Member
Does sound good.
Cant wait to get back out there. I'll be at the Glenn for SAAC 37 if anyone wants to "meet"

normal_36-aa.jpg

TimB

Established Member
Thanks for the comments , 99cobrajn the list is pretty long , is there anything in particular you want to know about the car .

Tim

TimB

Established Member
I race mostly in the ICSCC that runs at Portland international , Pacific Raceways in Seattle and Spokane . I've also run SCCA regionals at Portland including the Rose Cup .I usually run in SPO or GT1 and the car has done the Seattle and Portland Enduros several times.

svtguy

Established Member
Thanks for the comments , 99cobrajn the list is pretty long , is there anything in particular you want to know about the car .

Tim

Just list the engine, trans, suspension and brake upgrades.

Paul.

TimB

Established Member
Okay here it goes , the motor is a Ford GT aluminum block , aviad dry sump , cnc'ed huffaker GT cylinder heads, WC solid roller cams , Jesel rollers , PSI valve springs , Oliver connecting rods , JE pistons (13.5:1 + compression) , custom 1 3/4 " headers and the stock Cobra R intake. We tuned it with Diablosport software in house on our Dynapack chassis dyno. All assembly was done by Andy Pearson at Specialty Endineering .
Up until last year I ran a T56 with G Force internals and a Quartermaster 2 disc clutch , switching to a Quaife 69G sequential last season .
I run either 3.73 or 4.10 gears depending on the track with a Torsen T2R .
The brakes are Stoptech ST40 calipers with 14" front and 13" rear rotors with a Tilton pedal assembly with Tilton masters .
Suspension is mostly fabricated by Specialty Engineering including all the control arms , sway bars and rear toe links . All the control arms use sperical bearings or rod ends and the rear subframe is modified to a solid mount and the geometry has been changed . The front struts are shortened Koni double adjustables with Eibach 2.5" springs (650 to 950 lbs depending on the track) and the rear coilovers are also Koni's with Eibach springs (450 to 750 lbs )
The front subframe is a modified KB piece , camber plates are from Steeda as is the threaded front coilover kit.
We run trans and diff coolers , custom aluminum driveshaft and stock 03/04 Cobra halfshafts with upgraded CV boots .
The body work consists of Tiger Racing carbon fenders , a carbon fiber hood , doors and front bumper /undertray that we made locally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread