r u guys loving your 03's..?

SVTNICK

Established Member
Whats the concensus thus far on your 03's?? Problems complaints? HAs anyone "blown" a motor yet or detonated at all?

I hope not. Enjoy!

-Nick

2003 Cobra

Established Member
You lucky guys! I wish I was in your shoes. I changed my color from satin silver to silver metallic and I now have to wait about two more months.

SonicBlue03

Established Member
Couldn't be happier! Actually, I think a new exhaust system would help, but then I would have nothing to look forward to for the rest of my life.

No pulling issues, no problems with the cats, excellent fit and finish. The color is absolutely magnificent (although I can't wait to get my hands on some Zaino). Need I go on?

The vert gets great looks, in fact, I've never turned so many heads before! It's like I let one rip in church.

Before I get too carried away, I did have one issue about pedal travel for the throttle, but I'll save that one for a new thread.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
This car is awesome for from the factory. They only thing I want to change is the exhaust and front suspension.

E.L Marshall

Established Member
Great car, get lots of compliments....and teeniboppers wanting run it.

Only concern is the snake puts out plenty of heat:burn:

My have to drive it with just my shoes on in the summer:idea:

I'll leave mine stock, even exhaust sounds great to me.

Dale

Established Member
I have 700 miles on my silver coupe. I have changed the exhaust to the manaflow catback and their x-pipe with cats. The 2001 parts fit perfect. I have ordered a K&N to replace the stock one and may take the silencer off when I change the filter. I might consider a tune after I see more information.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
1900+ miles, no problems, no pulls to either side (unless road is crowned, normal), no water leaks, two oil changes (Mobil 1 5W-30 now and hereafter), best mpg of 17.04 (half-city, half-hwy), worst mpg of 13.4 ( :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: ), tons of compliments, lots of open-mouth head-turning gawkers:coolman: , No issues with any of my current mods, ZAINO makes SONIC BLUE so eye-popping it ought to be the focus of scorn by opthamologists worldwide.

Ooh wait, one single snivel; I have to "lint roll" the convertible top. It is quite a lint magnet and looks bad unless you use a tape roll to get it off.

I use my california dust brush quite a bit and can reccomend it.

Oh yeah, the power, it is awesome, startlingly fast and full of low-end GRUNT. My car was dynoed on a Mustang Dyno. With snorkel and K&N 0945 it pulled 312.5RWHP and 376RWTQ. The Mustangs run real low for HP readings but seem to be right on (similar to Dynojet) for Torque. On this same dyno a Z06 made a best pull of 285RWHP so you can see how 312.5 would be a "good" number.

Users who are viewing this thread