R.I.P - Tom Clancy

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I wasn't saying remake HFRO...you can't remake that movie and have it done any better than it was...well, unless maybe you're Christopher Nolan. but the rest of the movies, you can find an actor who looks similar to Alec Baldwin did at the time, and remake them and follow the books more closely.

Actually you did ask for a "re-do" did you not? But that is besides the point because Hollywood sucks these days and could never make something like HFRO from back in '90. It would just be too populated with crap and actors who are talentless. Have you ever looked at how many top notch actors played in the film whether in a large or small role? Wasn't Gates McFadden in it as Baldwin's wife? The Principal from FBDO as well?

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Red Storm Rising is to this day out of the hundreds upon hundreds of novels I have read, my absolute favorite. It's also my dads favorite and he is 60 and has been reading since he was a boy. God I love that book.

R I P

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you ever read any Larry Bond? He co-authored Red Storm Rising, and all his solo stuff is awesome. Cauldon, Vortex and Red Phoenix are three of his I recall right off the top of my head.

Red Storm Rising is to this day out of the hundreds upon hundreds of novels I have read, my absolute favorite. It's also my dads favorite and he is 60 and has been reading since he was a boy. God I love that book.

R I P

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
The Hunt For Red October was my first long novel and to this day is still sitting on the shelf in my room. I was exceptionally saddened to hear this news the other day. His books never failed to draw you in and were always keeping you thinking. RIP Mr.Clancy.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Have you ever read any Larry Bond? He co-authored Red Storm Rising, and all his solo stuff is awesome. Cauldon, Vortex and Red Phoenix are three of his I recall right off the top of my head.

I have read Red Pheonix as well!! GREAT BOOK. I'll have to get some more of his stuff, thanks for the reply.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I really liked his books. But after joining the military I hated the way he portrayed the enlisted. Every time they were some pretty good orders followers and maybe one or two times did one ever make a good decision.

Users who are viewing this thread