Quietest exhaust out there

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
I am in the market for exhaust.. Wanna Go from cat to tailpipe. When exhaust is to loud I hate it:shrug:

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
I have the 3 chambered flowmaster super 44 mufflers with the stock H pipe and a magnaflow cat back. pretty quiet at idle. Sounds good overall. I am the second car in this vid and you can hear it at idle and a good launch.
2012_0324_FCRC_Brooksville - YouTube
I have to take business calls in the car, so it is reasonable with this setup.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
I have the 3 chambered flowmaster super 44 mufflers with the stock H pipe and a magnaflow cat back. pretty quiet at idle. Sounds good overall. I am the second car in this vid and you can hear it at idle and a good launch.
2012_0324_FCRC_Brooksville - YouTube
I have to take business calls in the car, so it is reasonable with this setup.

BINGO!!!!! that's the sound. Now I gotta find stock H

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Stock sound level, nice deep tone with high flow:
21c572e0.jpg

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
to bad your so far away cause i have a perfect condition barely used stock H-pipe for sale

Last edited:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
No sound clips yet. I currently have it apart as I am in the process of having the entire system ceramic coated. The front sections are done in black and the back part near the fuel tank still needs to be done and I think that will be silver. Might be a little while as I'm also getting ready to install a McLeod Rxt twin disc clutch assembly.

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
No sound clips yet. I currently have it apart as I am in the process of having the entire system ceramic coated. The front sections are done in black and the back part near the fuel tank still needs to be done and I think that will be silver. Might be a little while as I'm also getting ready to install a McLeod Rxt twin disc clutch assembly.

Shoot haha. Quick question though, is that the m58 frpp catback ?

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I wish my FR500 still looked like that. The stainless steel is far from stainless lol.

Were these pics taken after a nice sanding perhaps? I haven't tried to do any sanding/polishing on it yet, but mine needs it.

Paired with an H, the FR500 is a very unique sound. Subdued at low RPM's, but opens up nicely under WOT. Most other Cobras I hear sound like farm trucks. LOUD farm trucks. No thanks.

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I wish my FR500 still looked like that. The stainless steel is far from stained lol.

Were these pics taken after a nice sanding perhaps? I haven't tried to do any sanding/polishing on it yet, but mine needs it.

Paired with an H, the FR500 is a very unique sound. Subdued at low RPM's, but opens up nicely under WOT. Most other Cobras I hear sound like farm trucks. LOUD farm trucks. No thanks.

Just went over it with some ScotchBrite and then gave the tips a bit of wet-sanding. Looks almost good as new now!

The sound is definitely amazing. I had an M-55 briefly and couldn't get rid of it fast enough - why there is such a fascination with "loud", I'll never know. I'm perfectly content with the OEM mid-pipe and the M-58:rockon:

Sorry for the hijack OP.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Just went over it with some ScotchBrite and then gave the tips a bit of wet-sanding. Looks almost good as new now!

The sound is definitely amazing. I had an M-55 briefly and couldn't get rid of it fast enough - why there is such a fascination with "loud", I'll never know. I'm perfectly content with the OEM mid-pipe and the M-58:rockon:

Sorry for the hijack OP.

Thanks, I've never used ScotchBrite pads for this application.

I actually wish I'd never installed the MRT catted H. Between a broken stud and exhaust leaks, it hasn't been worth the headache. The midpipe isn't a point of significant restriction in our application, at least from what I've read. It did make the biggest difference in volume. It's just loud enough for me. The blower still sings center stage! :rockon:

I second the hijack apology OP. But, if you can find an M58 (FR500 exhaust) do not hesitate. Get it.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The ScotchBrite really isn't too bad - gives it a pseudo brushed/polished look. Actually gave the mid-pipe a once-over too, and they both look nice. I also tried a different mid-pipe for a while (SLP catted X) and went back to the OEM piece. The sound is perfect and the return of the low-end torque was another bonus!

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Shoot haha. Quick question though, is that the m58 frpp catback ?

Like stated above, it is not a M-58. It was modeled after one, with a couple extra touches. The first version of this setup had an x-flow dynomax muffler in the middle with the m-58 dual mode mufflers behind it and two vibrant performance resonators after the cats. Wasn't too happy with the sound so I re-made the system. The dual mode mufflers are now on our race car and work great for passing the sound requirements at the tracks.
102_0615.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread