Quiet.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I'd say Magnaflow is what you are looking for. I have had a Magnaflow catback on our 01 for about eight years or so and I still like it. From idle to highway speeds, it is barely louder than stock, but it is deeper. Up near redline, it is quite a bit louder than stock and has a good warble to it when downshifting up to a stop light.

-Kevin

ericsnow25

Established Member
I'd say Magnaflow is what you are looking for. I have had a Magnaflow catback on our 01 for about eight years or so and I still like it. From idle to highway speeds, it is barely louder than stock, but it is deeper. Up near redline, it is quite a bit louder than stock and has a good warble to it when downshifting up to a stop light.

-Kevin

Thank you, do you have a stock midpipe?

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Yep, stock midpipe. The only mods to that car are a Maggie catback, a K&N filter, a Centerforce clutch and a Tri-Ax shifter.

-Kevin

VtekII

Established Member
hey man, im also from lincoln, anyway def go with magnaflow. I had it on my 01 cobra and will be putting it on my next terminator too.

ill find some vids... but i think the only ones i have are with my UPR offroad x on it, so it was kinda loud with that... i have since picked up a Magnaflow catted x for my next one.

ya these both have my x pipe on them but oh well wil give you an idea

th_101_1992.jpg

[ame=http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/speedracer_95/cobra/?action=view&current=DSC_0179.flv]
th_DSC_0179.jpg
[/ame]

PS the popping in the videos isnt the exhaust, its my tires on the concrete

Last edited:

ericsnow25

Established Member
Yep, stock midpipe. The only mods to that car are a Maggie catback, a K&N filter, a Centerforce clutch and a Tri-Ax shifter.

-Kevin

Ok, I plan on just getting the catback to start. I will def go with Magnaflow and probly Magnaflow for a catted X too. I wanna get that tri-ax as well.

Keep it simple yet appealing.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
hey man, im also from lincoln, anyway def go with magnaflow. I had it on my 01 cobra and will be putting it on my next terminator too.

ill find some vids... but i think the only ones i have are with my UPR offroad x on it, so it was kinda loud with that... i have since picked up a Magnaflow catted x for my next one.

ya these both have my x pipe on them but oh well wil give you an idea

th_101_1992.jpg

th_DSC_0179.jpg

PS the popping in the videos isnt the exhaust, its my tires on the concrete

So quiet compared to mine :beer:

VtekII

Established Member
ya i kinda live on the south side... about 73rd and A

o ya, and get the MGW shifter... in my opinion and ALOT of others its a lot better than the tri-ax.

Last edited:

ericsnow25

Established Member
sweet if youve got some piks of your car Pm me some... i saw a black 99 goin down Ost a couple days ago... it was pretty dark out though.

heres a link to a bunch of piks of my old 01..
cobra pictures by speedracer_95 - Photobucket

i sold my 04 before i really did anything to it, so piks i have of it are garbage.

Haha I bet it was me, because I was getting my new Nittos put on at Sears. Just went there (had to put Nittos in the gf's neon cause they wouldn't fit in the Cobra), out to Grisantis while they were being put on, then straight back to the garage.

VtekII

Established Member
Haha I bet it was me, because I was getting my new Nittos put on at Sears. Just went there (had to put Nittos in the gf's neon cause they wouldn't fit in the Cobra), out to Grisantis while they were being put on, then straight back to the garage.

ha ha ya, it was right past 56th, you were heading east.

if you havent checked this out yet, you should do it. i took my 01 a couple years ago with all these guys it was ***in awesome!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...idwest-guys-ia-neb-mn-mo-ks.html#post10321118

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
I used to have a Bassani catback with o/r X and long tubes. It was quiet on the highway and just cruisin around but when you stomped on it, it definitely got louder with a deep tone to it. I was rollin 4.10 gears also so the RPM's where pretty high on the highway too, so with the stock gears you should be fine.

So you know my definition of loud, I have LT's, Bassani o/r X, and race mufflers. It's stupid loud but sounds great and gets tons of compliments.

ericsnow25

Established Member
I used to have a Bassani catback with o/r X and long tubes. It was quiet on the highway and just cruisin around but when you stomped on it, it definitely got louder with a deep tone to it. I was rollin 4.10 gears also so the RPM's where pretty high on the highway too, so with the stock gears you should be fine.

So you know my definition of loud, I have LT's, Bassani o/r X, and race mufflers. It's stupid loud but sounds great and gets tons of compliments.

If I were to get a midpipe it would be a Bassani or Magnaflow Catted X.

Users who are viewing this thread