Quiet.

ericsnow25

Established Member
I have a 99 Cobra that I want to keep relatively stock. What is the quietest and deepest cat-back that is on the market? Also, can you just remove the cats to make it a little louder than stock and free up some hp?

Thanks.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Steeda has a really quiet cat back. Its Borla but made for them. Get a hi-flow midpipe to free up a few HP and keep it down.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Buy it from Lethal they have it and yes a high flow mid pipe will make it louder but with the Steeda Catback it will still very very quiet compared to the rest of the catbacks out there. Actually I have found that the stock OE 00R Exhaust is really quiet with a Off Road mid pipe.

Predatorbird

Established Member
I've heard a MRT catted H and Steeda catback on Red Turtles 04 Cobra when he had it, sounded very good. Wasn't very loud, but noticeable.

You could just run an o/r H if you want a little louder sound. I think Steeda and Magnaflow are the "quietest" catbacks you can get.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
American Muscle says this product no longer exists.

Just checked steeda's site and yeah..its gone.

I have a friend that had it on his Mach 1 and it was really quiet. That's the only quiet one I know of.

I like it loud so I never bothered looking.

dsg_mach1

Established Member
I have the Borla version of that catback with a Magnaflow catted X on mine. It's very quiet at idle but you can hear it pretty well when you get on it. Here's a video comparing the BBK Off-road X and Flowmaster CB that was on it when we bought it against the current Magnaflow/Borla setup. Forgive the Star Wars music at the beginning, my son thought it would be cool.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn0xXFYlxAk"]YouTube - 1999 Cobra exhaust swap[/nomedia]

If you want a deep tone I'd stick with an H pipe, the X on mine gives it a bit higher pitch. Here's a video I found of an 04 Cobra with this CB and an off-road H.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dV5RE6tU-M"]YouTube - 2004 SVT Cobra Competition Orange Coupe[/nomedia]

01yellercobra

Established Member
I ran a catted X with the stock catback and the car stayed pretty quiet. I had a pair of Magnaflow mufflers welded in and any noise increase was barely noticable. Those lasted about a week before I swapped them for a Mac catback.

ericsnow25

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread