Quickest irs equipped stang?

LDiablO

Established Member
Doesnt have to be a cobra, but i would like to know whos who in the quickest irs equipped cars, whats your trap and et both eighth and quarter.
Doesnt matter what you got in the car, no seats cage full interior whatever.

Last edited:

LDiablO

Established Member
There's a chart with the quickest IRS Cobras SOMEWHERE on this site, haha!

Well ive read the fastest one was a 10- this and then later i read theres a faster one, so lets update, post up your fastest time with an irs setup.
I know the first thing everyone does is drop it for a sra, which is what i have, but i would like to know who has the fastest times with the independents, please.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Well ive read the fastest one was a 10- this and then later i read theres a faster one, so lets update, post up your fastest time with an irs setup.
I know the first thing everyone does is drop it for a sra, which is what i have, but i would like to know who has the fastest times with the independents, please.

PM Iron Terp he'll have the chart with the Quickest Cobras with and without IRS and sorry it ISN'T 8's!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
PM Iron Terp he'll have the chart with the Quickest Cobras with and without IRS and sorry it ISN'T 8's!
Brutal, I really don't have any thorough info on this one. What I do know:

Clint at HPP.........9.71 @ 154 w/ twin turbo setup
RoushBoyd..........9.93 @ 141.93 with his Nitrous/Whipple powered VERT!
F8LBITE..............9.94 @ 140.25 - TS/6 Sp/IRS record - 2.8 KB
jeremiahhussey....9.95 @ 141 - 2.3 Whipple w/ Nitrous
Hissssnsvt...........9.99 @ 140.37 - 2.3 Whipple w/ Nitrous

I thought at one point that Strictly had built a couple of fast Terminators deep into the 9's, (Jay Knott???) but have never been able to follow up with a difinitive answer here.

LDiablO

Established Member
Thanks terp, i was starting to wonder if there was anybody in here, thats some good times there with an irs, i should be aquiring another car with irs, and i was thinking about trying to get it done with it, i know sra is the only way to go but surely theres got to be a way to make this setup work and hang with the sra cars, times are a changing, and i remember back in the day ( yes im old ) when you couldnt get a sra in a fox to hold more than 450 hp without blowing apart.
If anyone has any info that could help my intrest it would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone knows of someone that has been faster than the listed times above in terps post, by all means post it up.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
:pop:

I'm still gunning for the vert record when my car comes out (looking like late this week). Blower only.

LDiablO

Established Member
Whats the vert rcord as of right now?
I picked up my new car this weekend, the irs is bushed and braced has all the bells and whistles for the irs, but its about 4 inches off the ground with 18' wheels, dont think its gonna be much for dragracing, it also has coilovers at all four corners, so looks like i got some work to do, motor seems fairly stout, ported eaton and pullied top and bottom, owner says 550 rwhp but ill stick it on the dyno this week and verify.

Users who are viewing this thread