Quick Question

tangelo40thmach

Established Member
my friend has a forged 2v shortblock for sale, its a 5.1 stroker, ford racing block, and he said the block is in the 2000-2004 year. I noticed it doesnt have knock sensors on top like the mach 1's. Is this going to be a problem if i use it or can i even use it? any thoughts or opinions r greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
If it has pistons spec'd for the NPI head's chambers the CR will be about 1.5 points lower when with the 4v heads.

As for your question, you don't need the knock sensors.

Last edited:

tangelo40thmach

Established Member
Thank u, and when u say CR is that comp. ratio? if it is im pretty sure its 9.1 bc the car had twin turbos. and he has a twisted wedge top end kit on it so idk what heads those r, if there PI heads of whatever.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Thank u, and when u say CR is that comp. ratio? if it is im pretty sure its 9.1 bc the car had twin turbos. and he has a twisted wedge top end kit on it so idk what heads those r, if there PI heads of whatever.

TFS heads come in two different chamber sizes, if the heads on the engine were the 422cc chamber heads your CR will be very low with 4v heads. You need to know the dish volume of the pistons.

Compression Ratio (CR)

tangelo40thmach

Established Member
ok thank u, i know hes got the best trick flow heads, the track heated ones. I really dont want to swap out pistons but if i have to i have to. I would like to just throw my heads on there and call it a day bc im on kind of a real tight budget.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
ok thank u, i know hes got the best trick flow heads, the track heated ones. I really dont want to swap out pistons but if i have to i have to. I would like to just throw my heads on there and call it a day bc im on kind of a real tight budget.

Those are available in 38cc and 44cc chambers. 4v chambers have 52cc chambers so the compression will be much lower. I need to know the piston dish volume.

Users who are viewing this thread