Quick Question???

torquemonster

Established Member
So my front tires rub when i crank the steering wheel both left and right. (Sounds crappy in parking lots or when making hard turns etc...) But its only if i crank if over 50% of the way then it rubs badly. So i took the wheels off and there is no rubbing marks on the tires whatesoever so thats good. However, the tires have rubbed a whole through the plastic lining in the fender well, is it ok and safe to just leave the plastic lining off?

The only purpose i can see the plastic lining serving would be to keep dirt and stuff from getting through the wholes into the engine bay...and there is a little electrical stuff wrapped in tubing going to the fog lights and washer fluid...would any of this be in danger if i left the plastic lining off?

Any help greatly appreciated!

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
So my front tires rub when i crank the steering wheel both left and right. (Sounds crappy in parking lots or when making hard turns etc...) But its only if i crank if over 50% of the way then it rubs badly. So i took the wheels off and there is no rubbing marks on the tires whatesoever so thats good. However, the tires have rubbed a whole through the plastic lining in the fender well, is it ok and safe to just leave the plastic lining off?

The only purpose i can see the plastic lining serving would be to keep dirt and stuff from getting through the wholes into the engine bay...and there is a little electrical stuff wrapped in tubing going to the fog lights and washer fluid...would any of this be in danger if i left the plastic lining off?

Any help greatly appreciated!

You will pack your electrical connections with dirt, mud and grime and your car's electrical items will slowly fail. Plus your air intake, stock or aftermarket will suck in water and other particles without one. Don't do it!

torquemonster

Established Member
OT, and no offense, but how exactly is an N/A 4v a torque monster?

Its a slightly sarcastic screename ("slightly" because one day it will actually have some torque), however why do you even care? Want me to change it to INeedaRealScreenNamethatDescribesTheCurrentStateOfMyVehicleSoQuick01SnakeWillGetOffMyNuts. Would that be better?:sleeping:

Thanks for those who helped!

hawkti

Established Member
Its a slightly sarcastic screename ("slightly" because one day it will actually have some torque), however why do you even care? Want me to change it to INeedaRealScreenNamethatDescribesTheCurrentStateOfMyVehicleSoQuick01SnakeWillGetOffMyNuts. Would that be better?:sleeping:

:lol: gotta admit, that's pretty damn funny

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member

:loser: lmao!

torquemonster

Established Member
Hey man, you initiated the question which came off to me as if your another one of these trolls who are looking to fight. Not saying you are...thats just how it sounded.

Last edited by a moderator:

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
You two need to get a room.

To the OP: There are plastic spacers that fit on the rack under the bellows that limit how much the rack moves. Maybe you could add to their thickness to prevent the rubbing.

dec322

Established Member
"Blessed are the peacemakers"

I think that both of you guys are probably pretty laid back and have a good quick wit. What started out as a question was replied to in jest and has ended with possible anger. I don't think either of you started upset and you could both end as internet buddies. :thumbsup:

Have your wheels always rubbed like they are doing? Has something changed that would cause it?

torquemonster

Established Member
You two need to get a room.

To the OP: There are plastic spacers that fit on the rack under the bellows that limit how much the rack moves. Maybe you could add to their thickness to prevent the rubbing.

Can you explain what these "racks" and "bellows" are and where they are located. Also where are these plastic spacers? And how do these spacers limit how the rack moves?

I really don't know about anything you've mentioned here haha...I have to admit, I have tons to learn about cars still....thats why im here:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread